Cashless society

Supermarkets are now encouraging customers to pay by card on the back of click and collect.There is also contactless,this is all a government scam to take cash away from us.The notes are polymer,how are they a risk.We need to fight this,I always use cash at the supermarket and PO,don’t let them con us.

Re: Cashless society

I much prefer to use cash. For a lot of people, using cash helps them to budget better. If you’ve got thirty quid in your wallet at the start of the week, every time you spend you’re reminded of what you’ve got left, and psychological studies show that people are more likely to make bad spending decisions when they use card rather than cash. So I broadly agree with Percy and strongly believe that any retailer should have to give customers the right to pay by card or cash.

Where I can’t agree is on this point:
Percy plunkett wrote:this is all a government scam to take cash away from us.
Where’s your evidence for this, and how is it in the government’s interests to make that shift? I see that it’s easier for retailers (as card payments obviate the need for “cashing up” and trips to the bank), and surely that’s what’s driving it rather than a big conspiracy. Occam’s razor and all that.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I much prefer to use cash. For a lot of people, using cash helps them to budget better. If you’ve got thirty quid in your wallet at the start of the week, every time you spend you’re reminded of what you’ve got left, and psychological studies show that people are more likely to make bad spending decisions when they use card rather than cash. So I broadly agree with Percy and strongly believe that any retailer should have to give customers the right to pay by card or cash.

Where’s your evidence for this, and how is it in the government’s interests to make that shift? I see that it’s easier for retailers (as card payments obviate the need for “cashing up” and trips to the bank), and surely that’s what’s driving it rather than a big conspiracy. Occam’s razor and all that.

I’m the other way, if I have cash I will spend it, that’s why I don’t withdraw money.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I much prefer to use cash. For a lot of people, using cash helps them to budget better. If you’ve got thirty quid in your wallet at the start of the week, every time you spend you’re reminded of what you’ve got left, and psychological studies show that people are more likely to make bad spending decisions when they use card rather than cash. So I broadly agree with Percy and strongly believe that any retailer should have to give customers the right to pay by card or cash.

No, no Percy's right. In fact it's much worse than Percy believes. The Government have a secret unit of highly trained operatives based just outside Cirencester. It's known as Delta Force One.
Back in the 1980's, 1984 to be precise, they began putting a paranoia drug in packets of cornflakes. Now less than 40 years later they have become more sophisticated and deadly. They have developed a secret weapon whereby when you are sleeping they, the government agents, will break into your house and place a small microchip in your brain. Then they know everything about you. They control your thoughts and your emotions. This weapon is called Total Implant Therapy. TIT for short. Once in your brain you become little more than a robot. If, as sometimes happens TIT malfunctions and you start to think for yourself Delta Force One will have you vaporized. A non person. It's as if you never existed.

Happened to a close relative of mine. Posted on here as Lenwearesaved. He thought something to offend Big Boris and he simply vanished. Never heard from again.

Dear God man, what more evidence do you need?

'Under the spreading chestnut tree,
I sold you and you sold me.'

I love Big Boris. :grin: