Re: Paul Tisdale

I like Tisdale as a Manager and if Flynn can't turn things around he'd be a decent replacement. But I'm not convinced he'd be interested in trying to get a team to play on the RP pitch 23 times a season. I'm fairly convinced the awful pitch would play a factor in any future Managers' decision to come to County.

Stan says it regularly - County need a new stadium. Even one rugby team and one football team is too much for the current pitch. And frankly County should be getting a refund on their rent this season for such a insubstantial surface...

wattsville_boy wrote:I like Tisdale as a Manager and if Flynn can't turn things around he'd be a decent replacement. But I'm not convinced he'd be interested in trying to get a team to play on the RP pitch 23 times a season. I'm fairly convinced the awful pitch would play a factor in any future Managers' decision to come to County.

Stan says it regularly - County need a new stadium. Even one rugby team and one football team is too much for the current pitch. And frankly County should be getting a refund on their rent this season for such a insubstantial surface...
Your post says it all.
We are treading water
Unless our priority is our own stadium
Supporters and sponsors /investors will lose interest

wattsville_boy wrote:I like Tisdale as a Manager and if Flynn can't turn things around he'd be a decent replacement. But I'm not convinced he'd be interested in trying to get a team to play on the RP pitch 23 times a season. I'm fairly convinced the awful pitch would play a factor in any future Managers' decision to come to County.

We know we need to move from RP because this pitch has been and will be knackered every year after Christmas.We also know a new ground would cost approaching £20m,this out of reach unless one of Jim’s numbers wins the jackpot.The only other option is to save on the wasted £250k a year we invest in that pitch and reinvest it laying a new pitch up the road where only football is played.We then set about rebuilding the shed etc.Of course,this probably won’t happen because of a mildly annoying running track around the pitch.The main objection would be that there aren’t loads of pubs near the ground so,we stay in a ground close to the town centre with loads of pubs and the prospect of hoof ball every winter,forever and ever.That is the choice,unless one of us wins big on the lottery.

Re: Paul Tisdale sacked

Westy wrote:Mr Flynn heavily linked on the gas forums.be worth a tenner.
Only 3 assurities in life
You pay taxes
You die
Football mangers get sacked/leave

The only positive I see going to BR would be the pitch, other than that the big risk is that they will be in L2 next season with not a lot gained from the exercise, and clearly the BoD at BR are a bit of a trigger happy lot.
If he does go there then that might be the wake up our BoD's need to either get a permanent fix to this pitch, or seriously to outsource options on moving away from RP

Percy plunkett wrote: The main objection would be that there aren’t loads of pubs near the ground so,we stay in a ground close to the town centre with loads of pubs
To the extent pubs are a factor, it's because they attract people into the general area of the ground who then pay to watch the match and fund the team etc etc. The real problem with Spytty is it's in the back of beyond with poor public transport and we'd notice that much more if we moved back there than we did when we first moved in.

Imagine we were playing there right now with crowds allowed at a ground with no track. After the last two home performances, how many people would trek out there next Tuesday night?

Tisdale's time at Exeter wasn't all roses. The PFA had to pay the wages at one point. IIUC towards the end they wanted rid of him but the Trust constitution wouldn't allow a payoff, so he sat on his rolling two-year contract on 18 months' notice. Things improved and they wanted him to stay, but he still left for MKD.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... john-askey