Fixture changes

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... confirmed/

Newport County AFC’s upcoming Sky Bet League Two fixtures against Forest Green Rovers and Tranmere Rovers have been rescheduled.

The Exiles were scheduled to take on Forest Green at 3pm on Saturday, but the game will now take place the following day at 1pm due to the adverse weather forecasted this weekend.

Following an agreement between both clubs, the EFL have approved the request to reschedule the fixture.

Meanwhile, County's clash against Tranmere will now get under away 45 minutes earlier on Tuesday 2nd March, with kick-off scheduled for 7pm.

Re: Fixture changes

We have had this problem with RP every winter.This will continue forever,rubbish pitch with hoof ball.We have to accept that a ground in the town centre with plenty of pubs nearby isn’t in the best interests of the club without a decent pitch,this is unsustainable at RP.We have to consider having a ground a mile out of town,with no pubs,a running track around it but,a pitch where only football is played on it.The money spent on a Desso pitch,which gets destroyed by the rugby,could be spent on a decent grass pitch,for football only,with what’s saved going toward rebuilding the shed.We have to at least explore this,I am getting so depressed and frustrated watching what I am witnessing now on what can loosely be described as a pitch.

Fu Ming wrote:One of the problems with the RP Desso pitch is that it is the cheaper version.
The Desso Pitch used at the Liberty stadium is the superior version.
Both the Jack and the Ospreys play on it and it fairs much better than RP.
So when the pitch gets relaid both County and Dragons should get together with the WRU and insist on the superior version.
Hopefully this should alleviate some of the problems.

Their pitch they had was relaid in 2019 at a cost of £550,000 yet had to be ripped up and relaid in 2020.
I read that our pitch cost £750,000 in 2017 with only a 3 year life cycle.

JonD wrote:Didn't Blighty orchestrate the move to Rodney Parade due to problems with the Spytty pitch?

Have those problems since been overcome? (was it compacted clay or something along those lines?)
It is very rare for a Newport City game to be called off, due to the pitch being waterlogged, at Spytty.

G Guest wrote:I don't think we left because of the pitch. If we did that didn't work out well did it.
A BBC article from 2012 makes interesting reading.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18286818
Blight had called County's Spytty Park pitch "not fit for purpose"
The Rodney Parade pitch has had its own problems and the Dragons have been punished by LV= Cup organisers for calling off their game with Saracens because of a frozen pitch, while flooding has also affected the playing surface this season.

But County have been forced to rearrange a number of home games as their pitch has struggled to cope with the inclement weather.
Personally the FGR kick-off change does not work for me. Nor, I imagine, will it work for many work from home mob who will view Sunday as their only opportunity to escape the house given Saturday's abysmal weather forecast. Let's hope the weather front shifts