Re: Fixture changes

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I have been banging on about this for the last twenty years. I will try again.

Spytty Park is not suitable for League football.

The stadium at Rodney Parade is suitable however the pitch is not.

On balance therefore Rodney Parade is the better option. But it is the better option only in the sense that being shot is probably a better option than being drowned in a vat of sulphiric acid.

It is a problem that as some stage the board of directors at Newport County are going to to have to deal with. If Chris Blight had listened to my wise words 15 years ago And had we started to develop a football stadium then, we would not have this problem now. If Messrs Ward and Foxall listened to my wise words now we will not have this problem 15 years from now.

Let's not dress it up. We all know what the problem is but since 1989 we have failed to address it.

1989, 32 years ago. Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister. None of us would have understood the expression 'I'll send you a quick email from my iPhone' and Corona was a bottle of pop.

32 years hense, I'll be dead, those of you now under 40 will probably be looking forward to a summer holiday on Venus, and Newport County will still be playing in a dilapidated stadium on a sh1t pitch.
Actions speak louder than words Brendan

So please tell us what actions you've taken rather than words
Okay.

I offered to put £1,000 into a trust fund ring-fenced set up to develop a stadium.

I was asked to call David Hando. The gist of our conversation was that relations with the then owners of Rodney Parade were at a very low point. That the plan was for the club to return to a re-developed Spytty Park. And could I please be quiet about all this and for put any plans to start a ring fenced fund on hold.

As I later said, I believe that whilst David Hando and been untruthful in that which he had said to me, it was very probably the case that David Hando had himself been duped by person or persons unknown.

Lest anyone think this is a dig at the present board it is not, to the best of my knowledge and belief nobody involved in the administration of Newport County now was involved then. I don't now recall how long ago the above conversation took place, although it was long before the Riverside meetings.

Had a trust fund been set up it is my belief that working together we could have developed a stadium. It is my belief that even the £100 or so spent each month on Euromillions Lotto tickets would be better deployed in a properly administered Trust.

Please do not think the above paragraph is a criticism of your efforts. It is not. Unlikely as it is that you will win enough to build a stadium, it is at least an effort to solve the biggest problem Newport County have. Which is a f@cking site more than any board of directors at Newport County have managed in 32 years.
Thanks for the reply

We also own nearly a grands worth of shares on the message board if you remember I collected it on here from forum members
We should probably remember that for when there's shareholder voting!

Re: Stadium Discussion(s)

G Guest wrote:In what way are we non-compliant with EFL rules by playing at RP? I understand that sharing a pitch with another sport is allowed so long as it is a hybrid pitch which technically RP still has even if it's old.
New rules state that only can share with one other rugby team (Dragons and Newport RFC) - I wonder if this would be ignored as we originally signed the deal on the old terms?

Jack wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:I have been banging on about this for the last twenty years. I will try again.

On balance therefore Rodney Parade is the better option. But it is the better option only in the sense that being shot is probably a better option than being drowned in a vat of sulphiric acid.

It is a problem that as some stage the board of directors at Newport County are going to to have to deal with. If Chris Blight had listened to my wise words 15 years ago And had we started to develop a football stadium then, we would not have this problem now. If Messrs Ward and Foxall listened to my wise words now we will not have this problem 15 years from now.

Let's not dress it up. We all know what the problem is but since 1989 we have failed to address it.

1989, 32 years ago. Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister. None of us would have understood the expression 'I'll send you a quick email from my iPhone' and Corona was a bottle of pop.

32 years hense, I'll be dead, those of you now under 40 will probably be looking forward to a summer holiday on Venus, and Newport County will still be playing in a dilapidated stadium on a sh1t pitch.

Okay.

I offered to put £1,000 into a trust fund ring-fenced set up to develop a stadium.

I was asked to call David Hando. The gist of our conversation was that relations with the then owners of Rodney Parade were at a very low point. That the plan was for the club to return to a re-developed Spytty Park. And could I please be quiet about all this and for put any plans to start a ring fenced fund on hold.

As I later said, I believe that whilst David Hando and been untruthful in that which he had said to me, it was very probably the case that David Hando had himself been duped by person or persons unknown.

Lest anyone think this is a dig at the present board it is not, to the best of my knowledge and belief nobody involved in the administration of Newport County now was involved then. I don't now recall how long ago the above conversation took place, although it was long before the Riverside meetings.

Had a trust fund been set up it is my belief that working together we could have developed a stadium. It is my belief that even the £100 or so spent each month on Euromillions Lotto tickets would be better deployed in a properly administered Trust.

Please do not think the above paragraph is a criticism of your efforts. It is not. Unlikely as it is that you will win enough to build a stadium, it is at least an effort to solve the biggest problem Newport County have. Which is a f@cking site more than any board of directors at Newport County have managed in 32 years.
Thanks for the reply

We also own nearly a grands worth of shares on the message board if you remember I collected it on here from forum members
We should probably remember that for when there's shareholder voting!
If I am incorrect please let me know.

At what scenario can you use your shares to vote?

20 shares give you no more power than 1?

Thinking back did I vote in the past for board elections or was it only acceptable voting under being £10 trust member.

All a bit vague now.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Okay.

Having followed this forum with interest for some time I think you are mistaken Stan

Firstly i applaud your £1K offer, and still get grief from some on here.

Where i think you are mistaken I believe is that your offer came after the first 2 Riverside meetings.

If I am correct Messers Foxhall & a few others Shaun definately were on the board at the time.

Kevin ward was definately not though.

Jon Bowkett and Tony Pring have long departed now since that period.

I must say I salute UTP's efforts with The Euro lottery, albeit maybe a forlorn cause but you just never now.

Pretty sure if i won 100 million I would buy the club and build a stadium but its all pie in the sky.

Very sadly nobody now or in the past has the vision that Stan still holds.

It just needs kicking off but how does one do that without the likes of Lotto Les?

Prior to the trust taking over the old board were in conversation with the council and the dragons to build a new stadium as a joint venture on the RP site,
The thought was the old newport leisure centre was knackered and that if the council demolished the old centre sold the prime site for development and build the new leisure centre at RP where the north terrace is currently situated,
The dragons have a current planning application to build a new stand at that end so the stand would incorporate the leisure centre with the access and car parking would be where the cabbage patch is,
This was probably what Stan and David Hando were talking about is my guess,
The funding would have been a joint venture county would have access to premier league,football foundation and various other streams,
Including following the Swansea stadium fund raising scheme that was so successful when Swansea built theirs,
They raised millions through supporters by selling platinum gold and silver seats,
I know for a fact that newport directors and newport council members had two separate visits to Swansea and met there directors and had all the financial business plans,
This obviously stopped when the trust took over,
So Stan you’re wrong there was an awful lot of work put into building a new stadium by the old board and they had a good mix of business men supporters and experienced people on the board,
Which unfortunately the current board don’t have,
Could you see the current board negotiating to move from spytty park to RP NO !!!
Not a chance in hell
The current board have done a good job in some areas but they just don’t have the drive or ambition to push this club any further off the pitch,
Flynny has made their job easy before him they were a disaster waiting to happen,
They can now sit on their laurels
With the current state of the pitch why can’t we play our home games at dragon park ??
They have all the facilities
No crowds needed
It’s worth an ask to the EFL don’t you think

bigfan wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Okay.

Having followed this forum with interest for some time I think you are mistaken Stan

Firstly i applaud your £1K offer, and still get grief from some on here.

Where i think you are mistaken I believe is that your offer came after the first 2 Riverside meetings.

If I am correct Messers Foxhall & a few others Shaun definately were on the board at the time.

Kevin ward was definately not though.

Jon Bowkett and Tony Pring have long departed now since that period.

I must say I salute UTP's efforts with The Euro lottery, albeit maybe a forlorn cause but you just never now.

Pretty sure if i won 100 million I would buy the club and build a stadium but its all pie in the sky.

Very sadly nobody now or in the past has the vision that Stan still holds.

It just needs kicking off but how does one do that without the likes of Lotto Les?

You may be right with respect to the timing, when you get to my age things blue. However.

I don't want to make this about personal criticism. The past is done with and can't be changed. For 32 years we have failed to address our major structural problem and it's probably best as a fans owned club to accept we have all failed.

So drawing a line under the past. I know that we all need to discuss properly how to fund the development of a fit for purpose stadium for the 21st century. Every person who reads this board know we need to. And the directors of Newport County know we need to.

All it needs is either Kevin, Gavin or Shaun to publicly open that discussion. The ball is then rolling. The incumbent directors are in a position to get this off the ground. Or they can choose to strangle the baby at birth. I hope they choose the former.

If not now, when?

PMG wrote:Prior to the trust taking over the old board were in conversation with the council and the dragons to build a new stadium as a joint venture on the RP site,
The thought was the old newport leisure centre was knackered and that if the council demolished the old centre sold the prime site for development and build the new leisure centre at RP where the north terrace is currently situated,
The dragons have a current planning application to build a new stand at that end so the stand would incorporate the leisure centre with the access and car parking would be where the cabbage patch is,
The funding would have been a joint venture county would have access to premier league,football foundation and various other streams,
Including following the Swansea stadium fund raising scheme that was so successful when Swansea built theirs,
They raised millions through supporters by selling platinum gold and silver seats,
I know for a fact that newport directors and newport council members had two separate visits to Swansea and met there directors and had all the financial business plans,
So Stan you’re wrong there was an awful lot of work put into building a new stadium by the old board and they had a good mix of business men supporters and experienced people on the board,
Could you see the current board negotiating to move from spytty park to RP NO !!!
Not a chance in hell
The current board have done a good job in some areas but they just don’t have the drive or ambition to push this club any further off the pitch,
Flynny has made their job easy before him they were a disaster waiting to happen,
With the current state of the pitch why can’t we play our home games at dragon park ??
No crowds needed
If you read my last post you see part of the problem.

The old board blame the new. The new blame the old. And nothing ever gets done. And here is the point. Swansea did it. We talked to Swansea and didn't. I don't give a f@ck who is to blame for past failings.

We need to grasp the nettle now. Either the incumbent board open a public discussion now or they don't. And without public support we're going nowhere. Every single director, shareholder and supporter over 32 years has failed. I believe that the best time to do anything is now. So I ask again.

If not now, when?

PMG wrote:Prior to the trust taking over the old board were in conversation with the council and the dragons to build a new stadium as a joint venture on the RP site,
Not a chance in hell
No crowds needed
I thought the Dragons were looking to build a stadium over the LG building near Duffryn?

As I recall it wasn't mentioned that it would be a Dragons/County venture?

It must be remembered that at time the Dragons or the WRU didn't own Rodney Parade, Newport RFC did.

The Newport Leisure Centre is knackered and is moving - between the Uni building and the Bingo Hall and the land where the current Leisure Centre is sitting is being designated for the Nash college move. For me, building the new leisure centre on the cabbage patch and making the whole RP area the 'Leisure Quarter' of the City makes far more sense. The museum, library and art gallery could also move there too? Unfortunately, for Newport RFC, this would mean that they move somewhere else (away from their spiritual home) as 3 teams on 1 pitch will be impossible.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: So I ask again.

If not now, when?
Once this current pandemic is over?
Agree.

Hopefully the board of directors will announce their intention to consult and work with the fan base this coming week. Gives people time to think before another Riverside meeting in the summer.

Now if the BoD do that I will be surprised. I will also be delighted and they will have my full support.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: So I ask again.

If not now, when?
Once this current pandemic is over?
Agree.

Hopefully the board of directors will announce their intention to consult and work with the fan base this coming week. Gives people time to think before another Riverside meeting in the summer.

Now if the BoD do that I will be surprised. I will also be delighted and they will have my full support.
Should be AGM soon, as a Trust Member you could ask the Trust BoD?