GD -7
Win ratio in home games 47%

Season 20-21
Currently 7 out of 24 (play-off spot
But current form puts us in 20 out of 24
PPG 1.57
GD 6
Win ratio in home games 57%

Make of that what you will, league games only. My view is MF has enjoyed a longer tenure than most Lge2 managers get, yet has overseen some ups and some downs (i.e. inconsistency) and his teams have consistently failed to score more than they concede (i.e. they consistently failed to show better attacking form). Home form over the period isn’t good enough.

Re: Michael Flynn

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: Make of that what you will, league games only.
Makes good reading to me.

Consider the 3 previous finishes were 22nd, 9th and 14th, it's seems we have improved under MF.

And saying league games only is bull. We were bleeding money from every hole until this management team took over and now we have been turning profits. Which have kept us afloat during this pandemic. You could say they have saved this club twice.

They have been excellent stewards of our club.

Very honest assessment from MF 2 mistakes cost us, FGR didn't make 1 and won the game.

Also I agree playing on that pitch is demoralising and draining, opposition sides only have to plan to play on it once we're stuck with it. That said it's no surprise it's the same every season and will be until its relaid, it's a problem but not an excuse MF hasn't made it an excuse.

When we made the playoffs after similar run we found a way of winning on the pitch and on the road, cut the mistakes out and we'll start winning
games.

The last time we joined the managerial roundabout it saw a gradual decline which very nearly saw us lose our league status and we'd probably be conf south now.

Be careful what you wish for I'm backing MF to turn it around.

Makes no sense at all to sack Flynn at this point for a number of reasons currently, least of all the financial side of it. Simon Weaver has been at Harrogate over ten years - some on here probably would have expected him to win the Champions League by now!

Papski2 wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: Make of that what you will, league games only.
Makes good reading to me.

Consider the 3 previous finishes were 22nd, 9th and 14th, it's seems we have improved under MF.

And saying league games only is bull. We were bleeding money from every hole until this management team took over and now we have been turning profits. Which have kept us afloat during this pandemic. You could say they have saved this club twice.

They have been excellent stewards of our club.
My feelings exactly. Better league finishes and financial security due to the exciting cup runs :bounce:

rncfc wrote:There's a group on Facebook with a poll in place on this subject, 10:1 in favour of him staying.

Reading this place you'd think the entire fan base wanted him out.

As ever, the vocal minority making out they speak for everyone. Empty vessels etc
It's only a forum, get a grip of yourself :roll:
I don't agree with Flynn being replaced, you seem to get really sore from anyone suggesting it

County4Life wrote:
rncfc wrote:There's a group on Facebook with a poll in place on this subject, 10:1 in favour of him staying.

As ever, the vocal minority making out they speak for everyone. Empty vessels etc
I don't agree with Flynn being replaced, you seem to get really sore from anyone suggesting it
Yeah, but it's a place read by players and management I can assure you.

Just trying to balance things out.

rncfc wrote:
County4Life wrote:

Yeah, but it's a place read by players and management I can assure you.

Just trying to balance things out.
If that's the case, it should be clear that the fans support the players and manager, doesn't give you the right to mock the doubting Thomas's... that's life isn't it. Football fans not reknowned for balanced opinions! :wink:

As most will have guessed, I’m firmly in the ‘he should resign or be asked to leave’ camp, my reasons -

- Financial. I feel crowds will suffer due to poor entertainment and covid. There remains a chance we could get promoted = higher rewards = attract investors = buy a ground.

- I don’t think MF & WH have got what it takes to turn the form around. I’d love to be proved wrong though.

- Clubs, players, fans and even the managers themselves benefit from change. He must be in the top 10 of long-serving managers but will want to achieve something to put on his CV. At the moment it reads ‘saved them from relegation, brought a few quid in from televised cup games’. Nothing wrong with that but if I was a young manager I’d be aspiring for a promotion or to work at a higher level.

- It’s the nature of football, rightly or wrongly, underperforming managers are sacked if form dips with no sign of improvement. If rumours are correct, MF earns more than the PM (whatever your political opinion on Boris, the thought that he’s earning less for leading the UK out of a pandemic and the EU than an underperforming boss at the 79th highest football club is jaw-dropping. Earns more than NHS consultants also if the rumour is correct. Enough said.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:As most will have guessed, I’m firmly in the ‘he should resign or be asked to leave’ camp, my reasons -

- Financial. I feel crowds will suffer due to poor entertainment and covid. There remains a chance we could get promoted = higher rewards = attract investors = buy a ground.

- I don’t think MF & WH have got what it takes to turn the form around. I’d love to be proved wrong though.

- Clubs, players, fans and even the managers themselves benefit from change. He must be in the top 10 of long-serving managers but will want to achieve something to put on his CV. At the moment it reads ‘saved them from relegation, brought a few quid in from televised cup games’. Nothing wrong with that but if I was a young manager I’d be aspiring for a promotion or to work at a higher level.

- It’s the nature of football, rightly or wrongly, underperforming managers are sacked if form dips with no sign of improvement. If rumours are correct, MF earns more than the PM (whatever your political opinion on Boris, the thought that he’s earning less for leading the UK out of a pandemic and the EU than an underperforming boss at the 79th highest football club is jaw-dropping. Earns more than NHS consultants also if the rumour is correct. Enough said.
I think you're getting a bit personal talking about wages. If you have a problem with the football industry being overpaid, I would suggest you stop supporting that very industry :roll:

It's you're choice. I'm not bothered what footballers and management earn.

Totally agree with you. Besides, who else would we get in that's better than MF or would even want to come to the club. I'm of the view that with a reasonable playing surface we'd have more points that we have now.
Stan A. Einstein wrote:My thoughts.

I would not sack Flynn. Firstly we should not overlook what he has achieved for the club. Secondly we are not going to be relegated this season so what would be the point? It is true I would have sacked him over the Lincoln debacle but as he wasn't sacked then I would not use that incident now.

What I would say to Michael Flynn is firstly that in light of the form the club are now showing that it is not the intention of Newport County to renew his contract. I would then say that he has until May to change our minds.

As always I would be interested in the views of others.

Countymax wrote:Totally agree with you. Besides, who else would we get in that's better than MF or would even want to come to the club. I'm of the view that with a reasonable playing surface we'd have more points that we have now.

I would not sack Flynn. Firstly we should not overlook what he has achieved for the club. Secondly we are not going to be relegated this season so what would be the point? It is true I would have sacked him over the Lincoln debacle but as he wasn't sacked then I would not use that incident now.

What I would say to Michael Flynn is firstly that in light of the form the club are now showing that it is not the intention of Newport County to renew his contract. I would then say that he has until May to change our minds.

So do I, quite a few more points actually. If we deduct the points we wouldn’t have got with Twine and Cooper leaving, we still would have had a few more than we have now.

What decent Manager would want to come to the club with a pitch like that. It is awful. Even players must have reservations about coming here.

My view is that it is the condition of pitch that has made things worse for us. Good luck Flynny. How you will get them motivated to play on that I do not know.

pembsexile wrote:
Countymax wrote:Totally agree with you. Besides, who else would we get in that's better than MF or would even want to come to the club. I'm of the view that with a reasonable playing surface we'd have more points that we have now.

So do I, quite a few more points actually. If we deduct the points we wouldn’t have got with Twine and Cooper leaving, we still would have had a few more than we have now.

What decent Manager would want to come to the club with a pitch like that. It is awful. Even players must have reservations about coming here.

My view is that it is the condition of pitch that has made things worse for us. Good luck Flynny. How you will get them motivated to play on that I do not know.
5 of the next 7 games are away from home. Got to really go for some away wins in this period. Got to be beating Stevenage H this Saturday too.