Re: New CZJ commemorative shirt

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Seems a bit pointless announcing the shirt but not actually showing us any pictures of it. Either show us the ruddy thing and let us order it, or keep schtum until it’s ready. Most odd. The cynic in me says they’re announcing anything to distract from results / performances on the pitch.
Simple teasing, a lot of organisations do it. I would think we'd get a little more as we progress to the pre-order date. The club have done similar on previous shirts as I recall too.

Meh. I can only speak as a County fan and someone who bought one of these the last time we did a run (five years ago?) and say that a “teaser” doesn’t make me more likely to buy one - if anything, it probably makes me less likely as the initial enthusiasm has run out by the time the flaming things are actually on sale! We’re a fourth division football club, not a fashion retailer - just put them on sale and hope people buy them, and leave the clever-clever marketing bullshine to Dolce & Gabanna.

If I was doing this, the first thing I would be doing is to find out if the people were buying them to wear or just to keep?

If they were buying them to wear not a problem. But if they were buying the shirt to keep, they would want to display the shirt somewhere ie in a public house or at home on the wall. It would be a good idea for the shirt to already be in a display case with some sort of certificate and maybe a reprint of the original football program as well. I don't know how much it would cost to do something like that in the UK. Maybe some sort of deal with a local business would be a good place to start. (I'm sure a local business would jump at the chance to display what they can do and let's not forget the publicity would be good for them as well). After all, businesses need a lot of help at the moment.

The Newport wrote:If I was doing this, the first thing I would be doing is to find out if the people were buying them to wear or just to keep?

If they were buying them to wear not a problem. But if they were buying the shirt to keep, they would want to display the shirt somewhere ie in a public house or at home on the wall. It would be a good idea for the shirt to already be in a display case with some sort of certificate and maybe a reprint of the original football program as well. I don't know how much it would cost to do something like that in the UK. Maybe some sort of deal with a local business would be a good place to start. (I'm sure a local business would jump at the chance to display what they can do and let's not forget the publicity would be good for them as well). After all, businesses need a lot of help at the moment.
Probably best to wait and see. The club have peaked interest, it's getting good feedback so far on other social media outlets.

Willthiswork wrote:
The Newport wrote:If I was doing this, the first thing I would be doing is to find out if the people were buying them to wear or just to keep?

Probably best to wait and see. The club have peaked interest, it's getting good feedback so far on other social media outlets.

What sort of figure are you talking about 1,000 - 2,000 or maybe 3,000 to 5,000 or more. That's the sort of figures (5,000 +) that I would expect from a city the size of Newport.