Re: Michael Flynn

Plenty of success THIS season to not even need to consider the past.

If we start next season in League 2 with a run of form like this, I could accept a sacking but wouldn't be calling for it.

How many games would you give MFs replacement before calling for his head?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
ajs wrote:Can't live in the past, and yes I would. How many games would you suggest before you would make the decision to sack him
We are still in the mix for promotion would you have taken that start of season
We, however, are on a downward trajectory rather than upwards, or at least a steady even keel.
Yes, would have bitten your hand off for 7th at the start of the season but when were were top at both Christmas and New Year, isn't it a tad disappointing to be where we are now?

UPTHEPORT wrote:
ajs wrote:A serious question, if Mr Fynn was not from Newport would he have been sacked by now? I feel he would have, double standards exist and not for the good of the club
Would you sack probably our best ever manager
Billy Lucas? No

Len Ashurst? No. But we did.

Colin Addison? No.

What has become clear is that two of the loanees we had before the window were so good it was like having an extra man on pitch. In other words, good management to make it possible to punch far above the weight of the substantive squad. Credit due where?

I suppose we could have told Swindon and Swansea "We only want them for the full season, so thanks very much but we'll manage with a weaker side". Or we could go full-on martyr and ignore the loan system altogether. No time at all and there'd be people calling for the manager's head.

Most of the most recent signings don't look too hot, but who would in comparison? Meanwhile we have brought in one substantively who I think also looks too good for L2. Credit where?

neilcork68 wrote:How come we ( the old club ) sacked Addison ? Didnt they realise he saved us from the drop into non league in the 1976/77 season ?
MF seems as though he is unsackable to some on here because of what he did in the 2016/17 season.
Its not just the great escape Neil he's made the Club a mint in Cup runs which we have never seen before he's taken us to a play off final first ever in the Football league and we are still in the mix this season

As someone said where where you with your facts and figures before December 12th strange that

Keep on with that attitude and enjoy our mid to lower table finish if thats what your happy with.
We were top of the league , lost two players who were here on loan and we have imploded since then because he didnt replace them. He got rid of our top scorer , hardly plays with our second highest and is insisting on playing Maynard and A N Other because we are paying an absolute fortune for him, even though he has failed to solve the problem of us having no creativity in the side since Twine left

How much has he wasted on players he hasnt played since making the money over the past few seasons?
Maynard isnt cheap either , how much is he costing us until the end of the season( £15/20k) ? 1 goal in 4 now isnt it for him...Why ? Lack of service
We could have Messis and look awful because we have no creativity and give the strikers no service.
FGR home , 1 shot on target , 2 corners very few crosses put into the area, hopeful shooting from 25/30 yards
Exeter against 9 men and we still couldnt create any chances for the strikers until the last few minutes.

His answer , take off our three strikers and try another 3 in their places :shock:

If Twine and Cooper were so essential to the teams performance then it must of been poor management of Mr Flynn that he didn't plan for future without them. All the players he signed he states he has followed their careers, absolute rubbish, he seldom played many of them. How much money has he wasted on players who were not deemed to be up to it, enough I would of thought to enlist the services of fewer loan players but of better quality.

ajs wrote:If Twine and Cooper were so essential to the teams performance then it must of been poor management of Mr Flynn that he didn't plan for future without them. All the players he signed he states he has followed their careers, absolute rubbish, he seldom played many of them. How much money has he wasted on players who were not deemed to be up to it, enough I would of thought to enlist the services of fewer loan players but of better quality.
I agree entirely with your sentiments.

Here though is the problem. Agents control large numbers of players. Managers and clubs are faced with this dilemma. 'Sure I can let you have Slinky O'Toole but if you want him to sign you're going to have to sign Clogger Thomas and Dead Leg Donovan as well.'

rncfc wrote:The one thing I wish we would do, is stop publically saying how bad the pitch is and at least try and play football on it.

It's as though the management have convinced the players we can't pass the ball on the floor anymore, and that is impacting on away performances too now.

Just keep it on the deck but run with it more than passing it. We're losing most games anyway, at least try and make it entertaining.

Form will turn around. Does anyone seriously believe, based on Flynn's track record, that we will continue this bad run of form until May? You're deluded if you do.
Flynny himself stated its the worst pitch he has ever seen.
This post is fine until once again you spoilt it with your last sentence

UPTHEPORT wrote:
ajs wrote:A serious question, if Mr Fynn was not from Newport would he have been sacked by now? I feel he would have, double standards exist and not for the good of the club
Would you sack probably our best ever manager
Not even in the top 3

Addison 1
Ashurst 2
lucas 3

Equal fourth

Flynny/ JE / Deano

The rest mostly garbage.

neilcork68 wrote:How come we ( the old club ) sacked Addison ? Didnt they realise he saved us from the drop into non league in the 1976/77 season ?
MF seems as though he is unsackable to some on here because of what he did in the 2016/17 season.
Didn't think we did.
After keeping us in the old Division 3 for 3 seasons he made a fortune managing in Kuwait.
Can you ever imagine Flynny managing Athletico Madrid and 2 other top flight Spanish clubs successfully

Greatest manager I had the privaledge to follow over Somerton