Re: Flynn's new contract

George Street-Bridge wrote:"Tried to give them a two-goal lead" my @rse.

Our defence gave their strikers better service than ours got from them with the two gilt edged chances we gave them by the TWO back passes Farq a Sheehan made.
What do you call them? Even MF mentioned them in his post match interview.

Always a weird experience to step throught the looking glass into the Wonderland that is this mesage board.

I agree,
Sheehan is played too deep.
Bennet is too slow.
Don't like Labadie and Bennet in same midfield - not enough creation.
Why do we go down the flanks and whip in crosses to small strikers?
Do we have a striker worthy of the name?
We had been on a terrible run.

But ffs, Newport County are 6th after 33 games!! read it again.

With a manager who has FACTUALLY had us over achieving on a small budget for 4 seasons, and all some of the other worldly refusniks seem to want is for that manager to lose his job....!
What exact perfect world do you expect?
I just don't get it???

I am merely putting forward the idea that the BOD should be using some criteria when deciding to renew a Managers contract. We all support Newport County and we all want the club to grow and progress. Therefore I would imagine many would agree that for a Manager to have a contract extension he has to achieve slightly more than keeping the club in the football league.

So what beyond keeping little Newport County in the football league do people expect the Manager to achieve in order to get a new contract? Surely there has to be some measurement of performance?

I'm not anti-Flynn but his transfer policies produce more misses than hits, there still remains no progress of Academy players into the first team squad and after 4 years in charge the team have no consistency of performance. If County want to play in League 1 then they need to be tight at the back, creative in midfield and deadly in front of goal. They are none of the above even though they are 6th in the division...

wattsville_boy wrote: So what beyond keeping little Newport County in the football league do people expect the Manager to achieve in order to get a new contract? Surely there has to be some measurement of performance?
I don't think anyone is shutting down your debate, we all want progress for the club, but for me, in answer to your above question is just a different take on yours. I'm not one of those who sais, we are NCFC I'm just pleased when we pass the can't be relegated mark, I can't stand that thinking. But at the same time if we qualify for the playoffs then I think any NCFC manager achieving this is for our club historically (and non historically) doing a great job.

Since we were back in the league we have finished: 14th /9th /22nd before Flynn and then

22nd under Flynn when he took over towards the end and achieved the great escape which was as good as promotion!

Then under flynn full seasons we've been 11th / 7th (playoffs) 14th and now 6th.....

we've had cup runs of 3rd/4th and even 5th round (unknown for our club before) with masses of scalps along the way.....

we have had two players called up to the wales squad for the first time in 40 years.

ok, like you as I stated, get frustrated with some of the decisions etc, but as you've asked, is this success? for me totally yes.

the moment Flynn (or anyone) had us 18-th 24th two seasons in a row then I would want them gone.

If we keep challenging for the play off's I would see it as success unless we had suddenly been given investment.

But that's my opinion, I find it amazing people want him gone with this track record, I honestly just can't comprehend it??

wattsville_boy wrote:I am merely putting forward the idea that the BOD should be using some criteria when deciding to renew a Managers contract. We all support Newport County and we all want the club to grow and progress. Therefore I would imagine many would agree that for a Manager to have a contract extension he has to achieve slightly more than keeping the club in the football league.

So what beyond keeping little Newport County in the football league do people expect the Manager to achieve in order to get a new contract? Surely there has to be some measurement of performance?

I'm not anti-Flynn but his transfer policies produce more misses than hits, there still remains no progress of Academy players into the first team squad and after 4 years in charge the team have no consistency of performance. If County want to play in League 1 then they need to be tight at the back, creative in midfield and deadly in front of goal. They are none of the above even though they are 6th in the division...
The best runs we've had in the FA Cup and league Cup for years
I can't remember such runs in my life time

Can you

The NCFC Hippy wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote: So what beyond keeping little Newport County in the football league do people expect the Manager to achieve in order to get a new contract? Surely there has to be some measurement of performance?
I don't think anyone is shutting down your debate, we all want progress for the club, but for me, in answer to your above question is just a different take on yours. I'm not one of those who sais, we are NCFC I'm just pleased when we pass the can't be relegated mark, I can't stand that thinking. But at the same time if we qualify for the playoffs then I think any NCFC manager achieving this is for our club historically (and non historically) doing a great job.

Since we were back in the league we have finished: 14th /9th /22nd before Flynn and then

22nd under Flynn when he took over towards the end and achieved the great escape which was as good as promotion!

Then under flynn full seasons we've been 11th / 7th (playoffs) 14th and now 6th.....

we've had cup runs of 3rd/4th and even 5th round (unknown for our club before) with masses of scalps along the way.....

we have had two players called up to the wales squad for the first time in 40 years.

ok, like you as I stated, get frustrated with some of the decisions etc, but as you've asked, is this success? for me totally yes.

the moment Flynn (or anyone) had us 18-th 24th two seasons in a row then I would want them gone.

If we keep challenging for the play off's I would see it as success unless we had suddenly been given investment.

But that's my opinion, I find it amazing people want him gone with this track record, I honestly just can't comprehend it??
I agree

As I have stated before I don't believe he acts in the best interest of the club, only himself. I find him totally inept when it comes to tactics, substitutions and setting the team up---my opinion. We have had, and have now some very good players who would benefit from a manager who has more ideas in his locker. Mr Flynn has was wasted a lot of money on signings who he seldom used after saying they would enhance the team Jack Evans, Ashley Baker currently for example. He has negleted the engine room of the team, the midfield, where we lack attacking options, we are stacked with over rated forwards who are past their best costing a fortune.
I want to the club progress the same as all supporters, I would like to see our academy players be more involved.
For those who don't like passing backwards or across the field, if there is no one marking space up front what do you expect they do. I have always favoured a 4-2-3-1 set up it gives defenders the oportunity to find the 2 in front of them allowing to build from the back

ajs wrote:As I have stated before I don't believe he acts in the best interest of the club, only himself. I find him totally inept when it comes to tactics, substitutions and setting the team up---my opinion. We have had, and have now some very good players who would benefit from a manager who has more ideas in his locker. Mr Flynn has was wasted a lot of money on signings who he seldom used after saying they would enhance the team Jack Evans, Ashley Baker currently for example. He has negleted the engine room of the team, the midfield, where we lack attacking options, we are stacked with over rated forwards who are past their best costing a fortune.
I want to the club progress the same as all supporters, I would like to see our academy players be more involved.
For those who don't like passing backwards or across the field, if there is no one marking space up front what do you expect they do. I have always favoured a 4-2-3-1 set up it gives defenders the oportunity to find the 2 in front of them allowing to build from the back
Serious question if he's so inept how are we

1 in real contention for promotion
2 Great Cup runs over past 3 year's
3 magnificent run in to save us from relegation

ajs wrote:As I have stated before I don't believe he acts in the best interest of the club, only himself. I find him totally inept when it comes to tactics, substitutions and setting the team up---my opinion. We have had, and have now some very good players who would benefit from a manager who has more ideas in his locker. Mr Flynn has was wasted a lot of money on signings who he seldom used after saying they would enhance the team Jack Evans, Ashley Baker currently for example. He has negleted the engine room of the team, the midfield, where we lack attacking options, we are stacked with over rated forwards who are past their best costing a fortune.
Serious question if he's so inept how are we

1 in real contention for promotion
2 Great Cup runs over past 3 year's
3 magnificent run in to save us from relegation