Re: Stadium Discussion(s)

Jonesy3 wrote:
The Newport wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:As i have said previously - if you are a fan of the club, which you say you are, then £5 million is a serious amount of money that will benefit the Club. I suggest you get in touch with the Club if you are serious rather than post on an unofficial message board.
I have been a Newport County supporter for well over 50 years. Yes, I agree 5 million is a serious amount of money for any club. I still feel the same as Stan Newport County need a Stadium in the long run and I still strongly believe that the football side should not have control of the stadium. And I will tell you why, after taking advice from several people involved in the football industry. And their advice was if the club (Newport County) were to go out of business everything that they owned would be sold off or auctioned off to raise money to pay their debts they might have. I would love to share this idea with the club but as I said a stadium and the football side shouldn't be as one.
So, just for clarity, your secret idea is to build a stadium for Newport County AFC that would not be owned by Newport County AFC. So the club would be tenants of the company that owned the stadium? So it's a £5 million idea that leaves the club in exactly the same position it is now - just at a different location?
I remember going to Oldham last season where, as well as getting hammered, half the stadium was closed because the club's owners were in dispute with the stadium's owners.
I wouldn't dismiss out of hand any idea that would help the club - but without any further detail, I'm struggling to see the benefits of this one.

Who said that it was a secret idea I didn't? It is out there if you look in the right places. That is correct it wouldn't be owned by Newport County they would pay rent to use the stadium and we the stadium owners would pay for the upkeep of the stadium and to make sure that the pitch was well maintained (Desso pitch). No, they wouldn't be in the same position as they are in now. I do have a plan/idea (I'm still working on my idea/plan) that would work for Newport County in the long run. I do understand where you are coming from. I tell you what I will tell you a little bit more about my idea/plan because you asked so nicely part of my idea/plan would involve the academy as well.
Any profit made would be shared with Newport County football club.
Last edited by The Newport on March 12th, 2021, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Newport wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:As i have said previously - if you are a fan of the club, which you say you are, then £5 million is a serious amount of money that will benefit the Club. I suggest you get in touch with the Club if you are serious rather than post on an unofficial message board.
I have been a Newport County supporter for well over 50 years. Yes, I agree 5 million is a serious amount of money for any club. I still feel the same as Stan Newport County need a Stadium in the long run and I still strongly believe that the football side should not have control of the stadium. And I will tell you why, after taking advice from several people involved in the football industry. And their advice was if the club (Newport County) were to go out of business everything that they owned would be sold off or auctioned off to raise money to pay their debts they might have. I would love to share this idea with the club but as I said a stadium and the football side shouldn't be as one.
I’m thinking ahead slightly here: If you were successful in building a ground for the club, and I wish you all the best in this endeavour, which 11 ex-Newport County players from the last 50 years would you invite to the opening?

To answer Mr Figo regarding Brendan,he has said that he wouldn’t put a penny into the Trust because of lack of transparency so he isn’t a Trust Member although he did contribute to the fans fund to buy the club,however,this was after the target had been reached and purely for the purpose of saying he helped save the club and that he was a Trust shareholder.I believe he still holds seven shares in Newport AFC LTD so he is a shareholder there so could quite easily send his questions in ready for the AGM.My guess is,he will wait until the day of the AGM and just post a series of questions on this mb in one of his infamous open letters,asking someone else to ask his questions at the meeting.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:
The Newport wrote:
I’m thinking ahead slightly here: If you were successful in building a ground for the club, and I wish you all the best in this endeavor, which 11 ex-Newport County players from the last 50 years would you invite to the opening?

That is a very good question. There have been so many good players over the years the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and of course in the last 20 odd years. I have favorites the same as anyone else. but my overall favorite from the 80s has got to be John Aldridge. as for my 11 favorites, there have been so many It would be hard to choose, I would have to invite everyone who might still be around managers, players, and anyone who was involved with the club of years gone by.

I think its a great idea that 5 million is available for the stadium.

Surely this is just a matter of depositing the funds in a holding account or providing proof of funding whilst protecting your understandable desire to remain anonymous.

Once this was done I think we could attract some big hitters because that is a serious commitment, I understand Wimbledon had some big investment to assist the stadium project.

Great offer so how do we move it forward?

Exile 1976 wrote:I don't know why some are giving the Riddler the time of day. It's all bullshit. A fan of 50 years has a fool proof way of raising £5m towards a stadium of our own yet doesn't want to share his idea?
It's not Colin is it with the bath bombs? :wink: :roll: :lol:
But he does want to share it but only with corky, which makes me wonder are they related and is corky keeping schtum about it,

The plot thickens :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I keep saying the group is still there.

The only difference is that it is not publically fundraising yet.

If people have ideas or want to share thoughts about setting up a secure Trust then they are encouraged to join.

The group are all NCAFC supporters and not some kind of Dragons Den set up looking to exploit ideas.

Keeping ideas to yourself is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Putting false promises on here doesn't really help and stinks of the, 'me, me, me' syndrome.

llanwern exile wrote:Or is corky really gavin :shock: :shock: shite i'm head shot now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

All our problems are solved anyway as I have received a letter from a man in China that says one of my relatives has died (God rest his soul) and the only relation they have been able to track down is myself. He's left £22.5m in a bank out there and that I am able to inherit this money. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but all I have to do is deposit £50k into his account and he will release the funds into my account. New stadium here we come :lol: :lol:

"The Newport" to save me trawling through all the previous can you clarify whether you actually have 5 million personally or is it an idea that is starting from scratch which will need other people to support or thirdly is it an idea that is already off the ground and needs pushing along.

For the record I'm not encouraging anything I'm just trying to establish whether this a personal fund or an idea.