Re: Cheltenham Festival

worksop amber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Can’t believe the next race, the Champion Hurdle. 10 horses in the race and some companies are offering 4 places. Get your each way bets on :cheers:
William Hill offering first 5 but it finished 6th lol
Never mind always tomorrow
Wow. I backed him as well. No more for me today. Only one winner. Used my winnings for three more bets but lost them all so I am all square. Bring on tomorrow :cheers:

mad norm wrote:And NOW for the MAD picks and the reason why

1-20. SOARING GLORY.....Because I used to suffer from piles
1-55. FRANCO DE PORT
2-30. DELIRE D'ESTRUVAL
3-05. JAMES DU BERLAIS
3-40. DAME DE COMPAGNIE
4-15. RIVIERE
4-50. EDEN DU HOUX. Because above 6 all have "De" "Du"" D'". ( OF course!) :mrgreen:

Finally my Cheval de jour.....SNOW LEOPARDESS 4-50 because I had Snow Knight at 50-1 in the Derby many moons ago
Be lucky everyone

What a day!!!!!!

I broke even :bounce:

llanwern exile wrote:One of my original bets for the supreme was bob olinger e/w at 16/1 he pulled out of that race and now turns up in the opener today at 6/4 favourite. the mind boggles. :shock:
Morning mate. I noticed that as well. Over the years I have noted that a few days before the Festival starts, some horses are entered in a few races. Never really understood that. Up to the owners and trainers I suppose.

Like you, I am going for Bob olinger in the opener as well. I will use the cash back bet with Sky bet that UTP mentioned.

My other bets today both e/w are Monte Cristo at 10/1 in the Coral Cup.
Also I think Charon Pour Soi will win the Queen Mother but I won’t be backing him - going for First Flow each way. Good odds there at 16/1.

Good Afternoon

I’m always reluctant to put my selections out there before, and even more so to tell about the winners afterwards!

I did have a good first day, with my £1 each ways.
I had Vintage Clouds and Black Tears, also my free fiver on Honeysuckle. About £40 up after taking wife’s losers off!

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

I’m always reluctant to put my selections out there before, and even more so to tell about the winners afterwards!

I did have a good first day, with my £1 each ways.
I had Vintage Clouds and Black Tears, also my free fiver on Honeysuckle. About £40 up after taking wife’s losers off!

Phil in Northampton
Had a better second day than the first and that wasn’t too bad. One winner and two losers today. I’ve put my bets up earlier, haven’t picked for tomorrow yet though. Nice job for later. I am exactly £5.75 up for the week.

Friday will be the big day. Trying to build up a little kitty for that one. No serious money though.