Re: Cheltenham Festival

mad norm wrote:See some bloke stands to win over half a million tomorrow if fav wins ,good luck to him :cheers:
I saw that story Norm. However, the maths doesn’t add up if you look at what he should have ‘in the bank’ already. I make it a lot less that £500,000 for the win. It could be that they have quoted tomorrow’s odds of 2/9 for Envoi Allen wrong. Those are the current odds but if he put the bet on in June, he would have got better than that.

pembsexile wrote:
mad norm wrote:See some bloke stands to win over half a million tomorrow if fav wins ,good luck to him :cheers:
I saw that story Norm. However, the maths doesn’t add up if you look at what he should have ‘in the bank’ already. I make it a lot less that £500,000 for the win. It could be that they have quoted tomorrow’s odds of 2/9 for Envoi Allen wrong. Those are the current odds but if he put the bet on in June, he would have got better than that.
Which I believe he did.... Clearly not an amateur.

mad norm wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Which I believe he did.... Clearly not an amateur.
No, he is not an an amateur, but the story appears to be not factually correct.

It’s going to be a quieter day for me today, building up for tomorrow.

Going for Fusil raffles e/w in the first race. I think Envoi Allen will walk it.
Allaho to win in the 14.30, come on Rachel :cheers:
Then, a huge outsider in the 15.05. Going for Barcardys at 40/1 e/w. I know his form is not brilliant but I cannot understand how the combination of Townend/Mullins can have a horse at that price. Then again, I ain’t an expert.

That half a million guy with Betfair has come out smiling this morning. He has done a deal with Betfair. He has cancelled the rest of the bet and come to an agreement. Instead of £550,000, if Envoi Allen wins he gets £330,000 and if he loses he gets £275,000. For £5, I call that a win win. Win for him and a cut your losses win for the Bookies. The purists may say he should stay until the end, but it is his money, good for him.

Good Afternoon

Another exciting days racing, nothing special for me though probably breaking even.
However how incredible it is for Rachel Blackmore, leading jockey with another two today but there hasn’t been that many fallers so far this year but she has fell off maybe four times?
It certainly is a tough sport for the jockeys in jump racing!

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

Another exciting days racing, nothing special for me though probably breaking even.
However how incredible it is for Rachel Blackmore, leading jockey with another two today but there hasn’t been that many fallers so far this year but she has fell off maybe four times?
It certainly is a tough sport for the jockeys in jump racing!

Phil in Northampton
She is superb Phil, backed her three times this week, won each one including Allaho today. Thanks Rachel :cheers: