Re: Cheltenham Festival

Good Evening

All over for another year, I’ve enjoyed watching the racing but without the crowds it’s all seemed a bit flat. Just missing the buzz of thousands of folk enjoying themselves following a common passion, much the same as the football season to be honest.

Happy to finish about £25 up on the week between us.

Any big fortunes won guys?

Phil in Northampton

Just a question, all the horsey people on the TV give the horses human like qualities, such as “ he bravely gave his all up the run in”

Do you think horses actually know they have done something good, such as win a race? Is it like training dogs, where special rewards for good behaviour stick in their memory so they try hard next time. Or do they just keep running because someone on top of them is kicking and hitting them with a stick?

I know some loose horses will run and jump without a jockey but I think that’s just because they are trained to run with the pack, very few continue as if “in a race”

Phil in Northampton

I had my second jab on wednesday and it left me feeling so ill it ruined the second half of the festival for me just coming around this morning so what i have left in my pot will go on county to win 3-0 and dolan first goal scorer.
I hope you all had a fruitful 4 days i ended up after wednesday £10 to the good so now i'm feeling better i will treat the missus to an indian this evening from her favourite takeaway the blue cumin in magor square.

llanwern exile wrote:I had my second jab on wednesday and it left me feeling so ill it ruined the second half of the festival for me just coming around this morning so what i have left in my pot will go on county to win 3-0 and dolan first goal scorer.
I hope you all had a fruitful 4 days i ended up after wednesday £10 to the good so now i'm feeling better i will treat the missus to an indian this evening from her favourite takeaway the blue cumin in magor square.
That's sad to hear mate, as I know you and Mrs LE love Cheltenham. Glad you are on the mend. Hope the County and maybe Wales later can increase your winnings!

I ended £12 up on the week. I am going to put some of that money on the County and Wales later as well as my normal Saturday bets, nothing serious though. Rachel Blackmore got me off to a flyer again yesterday and I had another winner later on. If she had won the Gold Cup on A Plus Tard I would have been quids in. Can't have everything I suppose. A superstar is born. The Queen of Cheltenham and seems a nice person as well. Roll on next year.