Re: Grandstand: Barrow v Exiles

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Someone needs to remind our supporters we are a league 2 side still with a shout
No we are not - we are in free fall - no tactics- no motivation in the players - no idea how to manage a game- a manager who is wasting what money we have with s@@@ signings. We will be broke and non league if we do not sack Flynn now. It is a shame he had a legacy which will end up destroyed.
How on earth will sacking the manager now prevent us from becoming broke. Agree that our signings since Jan have been an expensive disaster, but they are here for the remainder of the season, like it or not, then the vast majority of the squad will be out of contract in a couple of months.
A decent finish with some tactics and engaged players will help generate income for next year - season tickets, sponsorship etc. At the moment Flynn is driving us to oblivion and only a change in management will reverse it - players don’t want him clearly.

County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Someone needs to remind our supporters we are a league 2 side still with a shout
No we are not - we are in free fall - no tactics- no motivation in the players - no idea how to manage a game- a manager who is wasting what money we have with s@@@ signings. We will be broke and non league if we do not sack Flynn now. It is a shame he had a legacy which will end up destroyed.
How on earth will sacking the manager now prevent us from becoming broke. Agree that our signings since Jan have been an expensive disaster, but they are here for the remainder of the season, like it or not, then the vast majority of the squad will be out of contract in a couple of months.
A decent finish with some tactics and engaged players will help generate income for next year - season tickets, sponsorship etc. At the moment Flynn is driving us to oblivion and only a change in management will reverse it - players don’t want him clearly.

Have you seen all the sponsorship deals the club has done over the past few weeks?

County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Well appointing a Sporting Director that Flynn can't work with would certainly hasten his departure... :grin:

Sacking Flynn would do nothing. If he left, our decline into non-league football would simply be accelerated still further, probably by someone who couldn't give a flying one about the club. I understand these past few months have been tough - however, ultimately, who the hell would want to manage us?

No, the real responsibility is on the players. I mean, not being able to jump properly for a free-kick - come on, that's the most basic of the basic stuff. Why does one cut inside take out the majority of our defence?

Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:

Have you seen all the sponsorship deals the club has done over the past few weeks?
Yes no detail published and it occurs to me that signing deals when you don’t know what league you are in is maybe not the best strategy, unless there is an escalator clause, not that we will be L1 !
But if you are happy with what you are seeing and believe Flynn is the man that is fine.

KingOfGwent wrote:Sacking Flynn would do nothing. If he left, our decline into non-league football would simply be accelerated still further, probably by someone who couldn't give a flying one about the club. I understand these past few months have been tough - however, ultimately, who the hell would want to manage us?

No, the real responsibility is on the players. I mean, not being able to jump properly for a free-kick - come on, that's the most basic of the basic stuff. Why does one cut inside take out the majority of our defence?
It is the job / responsibility of the management to get the players to play. Don’t kid yourself about Flynn he will go anywhere the money is - I don’t blame him but don’t think he is any more loyal to the club than anyone else would be whilst employed.

County ranger wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:

Yes no detail published and it occurs to me that signing deals when you don’t know what league you are in is maybe not the best strategy, unless there is an escalator clause, not that we will be L1 !
But if you are happy with what you are seeing and believe Flynn is the man that is fine.

Getting sponsorship deals well in advance of the new season is 100% the way to go.
I'm not exactly happy with what I am seeing but still believe Flynn has something to offer us and I'm not going into a meltdown like you.

Who's the managerial tactical genius that buys only great players within a tight budget you had in mind to take over ?

Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:

Getting sponsorship deals well in advance of the new season is 100% the way to go.
I'm not exactly happy with what I am seeing but still believe Flynn has something to offer us and I'm not going into a meltdown like you.

Who's the managerial tactical genius that buys only great players within a tight budget you had in mind to take over ?
Before the season yes but if you were selling sponsorship and pricing it would you differentiate between a L2 product and a L1 product that is my point. My concern is that there are some sharp operators who have obtained a great deal from us - good luck to them and thank you for the support but potentially poor County business.
I am not in meltdown but today is yet another game where the players don’t appear to be trying for the management or are confused about what they should be doing - how long can it go on.
Add to this Flynn’s treatment of some players Baker - LK one mistake and banished, Farkey now appears to be having same treatment.
Panic substitutions and no idea how to change formation to change the momentum of a game.
All managers have a shelf life - Flynn looks worn down - something needs to happen.

County ranger wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:

Before the season yes but if you were selling sponsorship and pricing it would you differentiate between a L2 product and a L1 product that is my point. My concern is that there are some sharp operators who have obtained a great deal from us - good luck to them and thank you for the support but potentially poor County business.
I am not in meltdown but today is yet another game where the players don’t appear to be trying for the management or are confused about what they should be doing - how long can it go on.
Add to this Flynn’s treatment of some players Baker - LK one mistake and banished, Farkey now appears to be having same treatment.
Panic substitutions and no idea how to change formation to change the momentum of a game.
All managers have a shelf life - Flynn looks worn down - something needs to happen.

No, not before the season, now is the right time to get the deals made. Perhaps you might want to just give the commercial manager a tiny bit of credit in that he has factored in amounts depending on which league we will be in, after all, it's his job.

KingOfGwent wrote:Sacking Flynn would do nothing. If he left, our decline into non-league football would simply be accelerated still further, probably by someone who couldn't give a flying one about the club. I understand these past few months have been tough - however, ultimately, who the hell would want to manage us?

This club has had a high profile with cup runs,why would we struggle to get managers wanting to come here.