Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Bolton

Blackandamber wrote:Gambin still doesn't make the bench. Ledley drops to bench. No Baker, Haynes, Evans. Yet again no creativity or speed. Not sure I'll fork out another tenner.
Flynny wasn't over enthusiastic when asked about Gambin goal for Malta.Baker had great game at Orient but still got dropped and has hardly played since.It proves that both are not wanted and Evans was only signed for emergency and Ledley is passed it.

Blackandamber wrote:Gambin still doesn't make the bench. Ledley drops to bench. No Baker, Haynes, Evans. Yet again no creativity or speed. Not sure I'll fork out another tenner.
Also surprised to see no Haynes or Gambin on the bench, to cover possible injuries to midfield or defence, Unless they are injured of course? Presumably Collins and Ellison on bench could provide attacking width if we revert to 4 at the back if deemed necessary.

Blackandamber wrote:It could be dangerous playing 2 inexperienced players in the back 3. I would prefer Bennett in the back 3 and bring a creative player into midfield such as Gambin or Evans.
The problem with that was shown on Friday.Benno and Matty are dead slow so,having both there caught us out.They both looked like they were running through treacle when those long balls came in.Two inexperienced players but,they have some pace instead.

County Exile wrote:8 league and 2 cup. Presumably cup match yellows counted separately for suspensions this season.

Baker, Gambin and Evans totally frozen out again. Don't understand the Baker omission from squad when Shephard, for all his decent approach play, seems incapable of putting a decent final ball into the box!
Labs picked up 2 yellows in league cup so was suspended v Newcastle.

How bad do we have to be for Gambin to get a chance, lmo Bennett and Labs with Sheehan deep just don't work and is why our strikers are so poor, also feel for Baker and Evans not getting a look in as we've been so poor since December. Just constantly changing the strikers with the same outcome seems madness

The exclusion of Gambin and Baker is obviously personal. Neither player has let us down. Baker can defend and cross a ball better than Sheppard. Gambin wasn't injured before the Malta games but was overlooked, he's not injured now either. Flynnys personal aggrievences obviously come before the success of NCFC.