Re: Sporting director

PortandSud wrote:Whats Tony Pullis doing ?
Please, God, no.

Nothing against the guy, as he's obviously been very successful and is a Newport boy, but I'd like to think we would have a more progressive brand of football in mind.

That being said, for most of the last 4/5 years that's the style we've used. It wouldn't surprise me.

rncfc wrote:
Please, God, no.

Nothing against the guy, as he's obviously been very successful and is a Newport boy, but I'd like to think we would have a more progressive brand of football in mind.

That being said, for most of the last 4/5 years that's the style we've used. It wouldn't surprise me.

Flynny will be the one deciding on the style we play, the SD will just be making the deals for players that Flynny wants to bring in.

Exile 1976 wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Please, God, no.

Flynny will be the one deciding on the style we play, the SD will just be making the deals for players that Flynny wants to bring in.
That’s not how it has been advertised.He will make recommendations on players who might be available and advise on contracts and who should get them.Flynny has the ultimate say but,the SD will not just be carrying out what Flynny says.We may as well advertise for a yesman dogsbody if that were the case.The Board have realised that Flynny has to cut down on the number of duffers he signs.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Please, God, no.

That’s not how it has been advertised.He will make recommendations on players who might be available and advise on contracts and who should get them.Flynny has the ultimate say but,the SD will not just be carrying out what Flynny says.We may as well advertise for a yesman dogsbody if that were the case.The Board have realised that Flynny has to cut down on the number of duffers he signs.

2. Player Identification The manager will have a plan for the development of the squad and targets that he sees as fulfilling their plans, however those plans are constantly in need of development and it is crucial that the Club identifies players that can fulfil those plans and add to the value of the squad. The individual will ensure that targets are
monitored and if they become unavailable that appropriate options are available for consideration by the manager.

So, yes, whilst the SD will be recommending players to Flynny, it is ultimately down to Flynny if he wants to sign them or not. If the SD starts bringing in players that Flynny, or even a new manager do not want then we could be looking at players not getting a look in anyway if they don't fancy the player(s) that the SD goes over their head to sign.

Anyhoo, glad we are seemingly awash with cash to be able to offer a 3 yr contract for a SD.

Exiles second paragraph is more or less what I said.We will now have advice for Flynny instead of Flynny relying on what his agent tells him,which he admitted to when asked about our scouting policy.No more,Lazar or Marvel but players who can take us forward.Then phase two,get closer links with our own academy instead of unused loan players or,unsuitable loan players eating up wages.