Re: Stadium Discussion(s)

The ideal scenario would be for County to have their own stadium close to the centre of the city and when they vacate RP then the pitch could then be dug up and an artificial surface installed at RP. Thereby Dragons and Newport RFC could play their games there whatever the weather and could gain extra revenue from hiring it out without worrying about degradation of the pitch.

But that isn't going to happen...

wattsville_boy wrote:The ideal scenario would be for County to have their own stadium close to the centre of the city and when they vacate RP then the pitch could then be dug up and an artificial surface installed at RP. Thereby Dragons and Newport RFC could play their games there whatever the weather and could gain extra revenue from hiring it out without worrying about degradation of the pitch.

But that isn't going to happen...
True and what isn’t realised enough is that while it isn’t as important possibly for the pitch to be as perfect for rugby to be played, nevertheless the modern professional game demands a decent surface. I don’t think anyone enjoys “ wallowing around in the mud “.

Stan is right in what he's been saying from day one. No one (the fans) is interested in Newport County having its stadium (except for some of us). It looks as if we the few are on our own. It is going to be a long hard battle but so is everything else in life. I'm at a stage where I expect to be at this moment in time (as I have had a bit of a cutter and now I'm coming up to a curveball). But I'm sure that will pass. Onwards and upwards for the next 12 to 18 months. No one said it would be easy.

Exile 1976 wrote:
The Newport wrote:So which part of what I have written didn't you understand?
That character in the Batman series was one of my favorites. So thank you very much.

Well good for you ...... personally, I always thought he was a bit boring and tiresome :grin:

If there is something that you don't understand about what I have written above (your picture) you are more than welcome to ask me questions. If you have any other questions I would be more than willing to answer any sensible questions that you have. But there would be some questions that I wouldn't answer about my research. It is going to take a long time to put together a plan that I think will work for both Newport County and myself. Like I said sensible question, please. You might not get that answer straight away, but I will answer them to the best of my ability.