4-4-2

Not a formation but a cautious or maybe optimistic prediction of our last 10 matches taking us to 73 points. Will this be enough for 7th place? Four of those matches are against teams in the top 8. Exeter appear to be the main rivals.

Re: 4-4-2

Special branch wrote:Not a formation but a cautious or maybe optimistic prediction of our last 10 matches taking us to 73 points. Will this be enough for 7th place? Four of those matches are against teams in the top 8. Exeter appear to be the main rivals.
A big decider will be the 6 pointer away to Exeter. In reality they should be the only ones capable of sneaking into the playoffs. Others should be too far behind but with our topsy-turvy season who knows!

My 4 4 2 is still on though I preidicted reverse results for Barrow and Bolton. Tomorrow I had earmarked as a draw and would take that though I feel that we will win. Midfield is still the key. Play Gambin for at least part of the game.

I know it's sad to resurrect a dead thread but I can't help it: my 4 -4 2 is 'on course' with a draw v Cheltenham and a win at Southend. Salford are no longer the threat as I see them winning twice. I see FGR as the main danger despite their terrible form.

Special branch wrote:I know it's sad to resurrect a dead thread but I can't help it: my 4 -4 2 is 'on course' with a draw v Cheltenham and a win at Southend. Salford are no longer the threat as I see them winning twice. I see FGR as the main danger despite their terrible form.
Not sad at all as you seem to have it mostly right. However, I disagree with your comment about Salford and FGR. You sure you don’t have their team names the wrong way around. Salford are the threat imo.

I see what you mean. I think you may be right about Salford. Salford you think will be promoted and that leaves three teams fighting for 7th. Us, FGR and Exeter. However, FGR have Tranmere at home and Oldham away. Can’t see them getting 2 wins there. Exeter for me are a ‘no idea, don’t know’ at the moment.

Hopefully it will be much clearer after Saturday. If results go our way we could be in the play offs by 5pm.