Re: The Ashes

Exile 1976 wrote: July 6th, 2023, 6:14 pm Woods bowled well today …even more impressive seeing as he’s injured 😉😂
That was the reports on Monday in the Press

Perhaps they released that info so the Aussies weren't expecting him to play so didn't prepare correctly to face his pace ?

Exile 1976 wrote: July 9th, 2023, 3:36 pm 1-2. Back in it, great game. Got to drop Bairstow for the next game though.
Foakes and Anderson in for Robinson and Bairstow would be the changes I would make Although given Stokes has numerous injuries you never know if he will be fit.
Number three position still seems to be our problem batting position..Root doesn't like batting there, Brook failed in the first innings and Ali is not the answer.Lawrence maybe ?

Bairstow's catching has been awful but it must be a nightmare when you are halfway between the strip and the boundary for Wood and he is bowling so fast it is flying over your head

Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 10th, 2023, 12:48 pm My old fashioned view is don't change a winning team. However Bairstow's confidence must be shot to pieces.
You have to bring Anderson back on his home pitch and number three batting position is a problem.
Apart from dropping so many catches Bairstow's batting hasn't been brilliant either

neilcork68 wrote: July 10th, 2023, 8:20 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 10th, 2023, 12:48 pm My old fashioned view is don't change a winning team. However Bairstow's confidence must be shot to pieces.
You have to bring Anderson back on his home pitch and number three batting position is a problem.
Apart from dropping so many catches Bairstow's batting hasn't been brilliant either
Same squad announced for fourth test. Bairstow keeps his place.

They adopt the new style of playing test cricket but perhaps they still believe in never change a winning side unless you have too?

There are rumours going round that Marsh may be dropped by Australia. He was the reason Australia weren't out for 150 in the first innings...