Re: Don’t kill cash campaign

Percy plunkett wrote: July 5th, 2023, 7:47 pm If there is any of you,like me,against card only venues,the Bisley being one,then GB NEWS have today launched a campaign to present to the government to slow down the spread of this.Go on their website to sign up.
I'm not in favour of card only venues either. For a start the technology isn't always 100%, unlike coins and notes.
Incidently, the Bisley isn't a card only venue, The bar may be, but the food and Tea/coffee outlet isn't.

Exile 1976 wrote: July 12th, 2023, 1:54 pm If banks believe you’re money is dirty, as they have with **** face farage, they have every right not to do business with you
Mmmm I'm no fan of Farrage but its a slippery slope - to paraphrase pastor Martin Niemöller;

First they de banked Nigel Farrage, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a fan of his politics.

Then they de banked trade unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they de banked the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they de banked me—and there was no one left with a bank account to speak for me.

Surely nobody deals exclusively in cash, not even small business owners. The majority of people want to pay by bank transfer these days.

If a business owner doesn't want you to pay by bank transfer, it's because they're cooking their books. End of story.

Cash is a pain in the arse for businesses to handle, and its absence makes it possible to follow an audit trail. I personally hope cash disappears altogether, it's pointless.

If you need to hide drug money, but bitcoin.

I used cash only last month to do grocery shopping....

I saved about £20 because I had to budget for the cash I had rather than just throw it in the trolley and pay by card....

If you have cash only you won't throw in items you don't need because you watch your budget..

Also never shop whilst hungry as that always costs you more