Re: M inisters have said displays of support for Hamas in the UK are “repugnant” and urged police action

Blackandamber wrote: October 20th, 2023, 12:31 pm There are many passages in the Bible which describe horrendous times in the future. In Luke chapter 21 and Matthew 24 Jesus predicts there will be an increase in wars, earthquakes, famines and pestilences, and anguish and the roaring and tossing of the sea. He warns people to get out of the cities and into the mountains. Descriptions similar to missile attacks and the effects of nuclear weapons are given in old testament books.

Ezekiel 38 mentions several nations that will attack Israel in a future battle. Who Are the nations in Ezekiel 38

The main nations are noted in Ezekiel 38:1-6:

The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

Who are these nations? Not all historians agree but one source describes them thus:

The following nations and/or groups are listed:

Magog: According to first-century Jewish historian Josephus, the land of Magog was inhabited by the Scythians. The Scythians lived throughout Central Asia, indicating its identity is associated with nations today such as Kazakhstan, Kirghizia, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan. Some also include Afghanistan in this group.

Rosh: Rosh is the remote part of the north (38:6, 15; 39:2). Because of this, most interpreters identify Magog as Russia, at least part of Russia, or perhaps Russia and some of the former Soviet nations connected with it.

Meshek (or Meshech) and Tubal: Noted together in this passage, this area is located in part of modern-day Turkey.

Persia: This is the land of modern Iran.

Cush (or Ethiopia): This land, often translated as Ethiopia, is not the same as modern Ethiopia. It represented the land south of Egypt. Today, this nation is Sudan.

Put: Also translated in some versions as Libya, this land is still known as Libya today.

Gomer: Part of modern Turkey.

Beth Togarmah: Part of modern Turkey.

As can be seen, these are all nations surrounding Israel, many of which hold strong feelings against Israel today. Though we do not know when the events of Ezekiel 38 will take place, we can identify the locations today. At some future time, God will draw these nations against Israel where Scripture predicts they will be supernaturally defeated by the Lord.

These events will culminate with the second coming of Jesus Christ. Nobody knows exactly when this will happen (as Jesus made clear in the gospels) but it is imperative to put your faith in Christ now.
Never trust a gog.

Re: M inisters have said displays of support for Hamas in the UK are “repugnant” and urged police action

Well, here we are, nearly three weeks into the calamitous events and I see that the ‘red mist’ has still not lifted. How many more innocent people will be killed and maimed before the World sees sense. It has to stop.

F**k, Hamas, f**k the IDF, f**k all those people and organisations that want the problem to escalate. The International Community must take action now.

pembsexile wrote: October 25th, 2023, 6:57 pm Well, here we are, nearly three weeks into the calamitous events and I see that the ‘red mist’ has still not lifted. How many more innocent people will be killed and maimed before the World sees sense. It has to stop.

F**k, Hamas, f**k the IDF, f**k all those people and organisations that want the problem to escalate. The International Community must take action now.
Well said Mike. Israili, Palestinian, black, white, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Christian, a child's death is a tragedy, and a needless child's death is an outrage.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 25th, 2023, 8:13 pm
pembsexile wrote: October 25th, 2023, 6:57 pm Well, here we are, nearly three weeks into the calamitous events and I see that the ‘red mist’ has still not lifted. How many more innocent people will be killed and maimed before the World sees sense. It has to stop.

Well said Mike. Israili, Palestinian, black, white, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Christian, a child's death is a tragedy, and a needless child's death is an outrage.
I totally agree with you both. Oh that people would love their neighbours and their enemies rather wanting more and more revenge and always putting themselves first.

CathedralCounty wrote: October 9th, 2023, 8:45 am
Torquay Exile wrote: October 9th, 2023, 1:46 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Corbyn era

People celebrating the Hamas atrocity in Israel outside a café in Acton, West London yesterday
I do not support Hamas and in the middle east rather like in the worst stages of the Northern Ireland conflict - they are all as bad and intransigent as each other BUT 'police action' is not only rather dystopian and waste of police resources it will stoke the fires - make martyrs out of anyone just makes matters worse - a few people waving flags are idiots - lets leave it there.
Appreciate it's not the most insightful comment but I was just thinking today about the Met response to all the pro Palestinian marching in Central London and they played it perfectly in my opinion. My initial rage at seeing people with Union Jacks and St George flags treated harshly and differently to jihadi flag waving loons has now subsided and I can see it for what it was. The Police were in an impossible situation because had they been heavy handed with pro pal' protesterters then you'd probably have seen huge levels of civil unrest & rioting but as it happens very little happened AND they've gone after Hamas/Jihadi flag wavers after the event where they've been able to identify them.

I hate the Met but credit where it's due.