Re: Eastleigh and Wrexham home tickets.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 6th, 2024, 9:21 pm
Marky wrote: January 6th, 2024, 8:42 pm
SixtyYearFan wrote: January 6th, 2024, 5:15 pm There will be more Cardiff City fans in Risca, Cwmbran and the Valleys than there will be County fans.
No-one is disputing that, but it's something that can be changed.
Exactly. We have a choice. We can work to make the future better than the past or we can follow losers like SixtyYearFan and carry on squirming at the bottom.

I know which I'd prefer.
A fresh New Year but the same old negative diatribe.

This faux affection for the Port - you scarpered to England as soon as you got a better offer and haven't been back since.

You belittle Newportonians for their lack of ambition, whilst sitting in exile, boasting of a healthy pension from British tax payers money and the proceeds of income whilst working for the Crown.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 8th, 2024, 9:22 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 7th, 2024, 10:48 pm
SixtyYearFan wrote: January 7th, 2024, 10:16 pm

Ah, so there it is, the famed Stan refusal to engage on any actual debating point when he gets exposed for his lack of clear thinking, and the obligatory insult to boot.

You, rather curiously, making up that I don’t want things to improve because I pointed out the futility of your population argument, is bizarre to say the least.
There is a direct coloration between size of town and success. In Europe the European Cup/ Champions League is the big competition. UK winners of said competition have come from London, Glasgow, Manchester ,Liverpool , Birmingham and Nottingham.
Which just happen to be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th biggest cities in the UK. Bizarre in my view to even attempt to argue that there is a futility of the population argument?

I am not content for my home town to continually fail and I genuinely hope that the overwhelming majority of the good people of Newport agree. Winning isn't about coming first. Winners sometimes come last. But winners always give of their best. Winners get knocked down but they get back up. Winners don't make excuses.
I wonder why there are big teams in all those cities that haven't succeeded in Europe? They must be simply making excuses, as the odds are stacked in their favour.....................
Birmingham City have hardly won anything. Ever.

Statistics eh?

whoareya wrote: January 8th, 2024, 9:45 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 8th, 2024, 9:22 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 7th, 2024, 10:48 pm
SixtyYearFan wrote: January 7th, 2024, 10:16 pm

Ah, so there it is, the famed Stan refusal to engage on any actual debating point when he gets exposed for his lack of clear thinking, and the obligatory insult to boot.

You, rather curiously, making up that I don’t want things to improve because I pointed out the futility of your population argument, is bizarre to say the least.
There is a direct coloration between size of town and success. In Europe the European Cup/ Champions League is the big competition. UK winners of said competition have come from London, Glasgow, Manchester ,Liverpool , Birmingham and Nottingham.
Which just happen to be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th biggest cities in the UK. Bizarre in my view to even attempt to argue that there is a futility of the population argument?

I am not content for my home town to continually fail and I genuinely hope that the overwhelming majority of the good people of Newport agree. Winning isn't about coming first. Winners sometimes come last. But winners always give of their best. Winners get knocked down but they get back up. Winners don't make excuses.
I wonder why there are big teams in all those cities that haven't succeeded in Europe? They must be simply making excuses, as the odds are stacked in their favour.....................
Birmingham City have hardly won anything. Ever.

Statistics eh?
The deflection from comparing our population size to the likes of Burnley in an attempt to show we have underachieved, to a pivot to straight to where Champion’s league winners are from, is hilarious.

Really pathetic isn't it? Bangit, Whoareya and SixtyYearFan, the three losers. Birmingham haven't won anything, all the small teams in those cities etc. Partick Thistle haven't won anything, Leyton Orient haven't won anything, for f@cks sake they are not the leading side in those cities.

So dear readers the choice is yours. Not just wirh County but in life. Do you want to live at the bottom, feeding off scraps? If so listen to those losers, find an excuse for accepting failure and stay there
Your other option is to give things a go. Try things. When they fail, which they usually will, you will fall down. But then get back up and try something else. Sooner or later you will get that job you really want. Sooner or later you will get that really great relationship. Sooner or later you'll be enjoying the life you deserve.

Or of course you can hide your identies, and spend your life trolling on the internet. Your choice, choose wisely.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:03 am Really pathetic isn't it? Bangit, Whoareya and SixtyYearFan, the three losers. Birmingham haven't won anything, all the small teams in those cities etc. Partick Thistle haven't won anything, Leyton Orient haven't won anything, for f@cks sake they are not the leading side in those cities.

So dear readers the choice is yours. Not just wirh County but in life. Do you want to live at the bottom, feeding off scraps? If so listen to those losers, find an excuse for accepting failure and stay there
Your other option is to give things a go. Try things. When they fail, which they usually will, you will fall down. But then get back up and try something else. Sooner or later you will get that job you really want. Sooner or later you will get that really great relationship. Sooner or later you'll be enjoying the life you deserve.

Or of course you can hide your identies, and spend your life trolling on the internet. Your choice, choose wisely.
The various models of ownership (local businessmen, fans via phoenix club, back to local businessmen, Uncle Les benefactor, fan ownership Trust model and now an imminent ownership by non local businessman/investor) have now been tried and all have, in your opinion, failed.

You are now at the point where your sense of entitlement and subsequent loathing of a volunteer Trust board must end. You can ignore the rollercoaster of Wembley appearances, of play-off near misses, of successful Cup runs and instead look constantly at the negatives.

Perhaps you ought to reflect that, for the many years that you have been peddling your negativity, the County still play, people still go to watch, the crowds are getting better, the success, near misses with close shaves with disaster come and go. Same as most other clubs in football.

Perhaps that's how the average Newportonian likes it. Perhaps your picture of life at the bottom isn't everyone else's?

Why have there never been angry mobs demanding change, where are the fan protests for change? They are on here, the puddled few, or on the Facebook group, a slightly larger puddle of the puddled.

There's a saying that "you should never let the football spoil a day out at football'' Enjoy the day, ride the wave as it ebbs and flows.

You might actually enjoy it..........

whoareya wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:39 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:03 am Really pathetic isn't it? Bangit, Whoareya and SixtyYearFan, the three losers. Birmingham haven't won anything, all the small teams in those cities etc. Partick Thistle haven't won anything, Leyton Orient haven't won anything, for f@cks sake they are not the leading side in those cities.

The various models of ownership (local businessmen, fans via phoenix club, back to local businessmen, Uncle Les benefactor, fan ownership Trust model and now an imminent ownership by non local businessman/investor) have now been tried and all have, in your opinion, failed.

You are now at the point where your sense of entitlement and subsequent loathing of a volunteer Trust board must end. You can ignore the rollercoaster of Wembley appearances, of play-off near misses, of successful Cup runs and instead look constantly at the negatives.

Perhaps you ought to reflect that, for the many years that you have been peddling your negativity, the County still play, people still go to watch, the crowds are getting better, the success, near misses with close shaves with disaster come and go. Same as most other clubs in football.

Perhaps that's how the average Newportonian likes it. Perhaps your picture of life at the bottom isn't everyone else's?

Why have there never been angry mobs demanding change, where are the fan protests for change? They are on here, the puddled few, or on the Facebook group, a slightly larger puddle of the puddled.

There's a saying that "you should never let the football spoil a day out at football'' Enjoy the day, ride the wave as it ebbs and flows.

You might actually enjoy it..........
You're the one being negative. I believe a town the size of Newport should be supporting a football playing at a higher level than League 2.

I don't attempt to speak for others. So I don't know what Newportonians are content with. But what I do take the time to do is read that which others write. You should try it. I have said that I would prefer a supporters owned club. However there is a difference in role between directors and executive officers. You need the football clyb to be run by professionals. Messrs Foxall, Ward etc simply did not have the skill set to administer the club. That in itself didn't matter. What did matter was that instead of setting the parameters of how the club should be administered they chose to try and run it. And blew the profits from Cup runs, transfers etc.

Further if you bothered to read that which I have written about the impending takeover you would not make the claim that I believe non local businessmen men have/will fail.

By the way did you catch the new year old firm game?Can't say I support Celtic, can't abide sectarianism you see. But I did enjoy the Billy Boys sufferings.

We are Rangers
We are the poops.
We can beat Arbroath,
But we lose to the Hoops,
Oh Rangers,
We'll come second again. 😁

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:57 am

By the way did you catch the new year old firm game?Can't say I support Celtic, can't abide sectarianism you see. But I did enjoy the Billy Boys sufferings.

We are Rangers
We are the poops.
We can beat Arbroath,
But we lose to the Hoops,
Oh Rangers,
We'll come second again. 😁
And you accuse others of trolling.....?

I do read that which you have written and your narrative never changes.

You say you don't speak for Newportonians - I'm actually going to agree with you on that one now. Thankfully the bigger picture, real world outside of this dying forum carries on regardless, blissfully unaware of your negativity.

So you crack on, keep on shouting at the sky.

SixtyYearFan wrote: January 8th, 2024, 10:09 pm Stan “County are underachieving/incompetent/fraudulent as the town is bigger than Burnley and they are Premier League”

Others “in that case both Bristol clubs would be bigger than Manchester Utd and Manchester City”

Stan “you're just a loser who doesn’t want County to progress”.

The above, is EXACTLY what its like to ‘debate’ with Stan.
Wrong. I don't suggest for one moment you don't want County to progress. The problem is, to be more accurate your problem is you find excuses for failure. Failure is good if you learn firstly that you don't like it and secondly that you examine why you failed and don't make the same mistakes a second time.

Losers on the other hand find excuses for failure. We were out of the League for twenty five years, Newport's not a football town. Etc, etc.

Newport County have underachieved for the near 60 years I have followed the club. And will continue to do so unless or until we stop finding reasons for why we underachieve which is easy and start finding ways we can progress, which is much harder.