Re: Exiles Grandstand: Eastleigh FA Cup Round 3

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 7th, 2024, 11:55 am In the replay, if yesterday’s match is anything to go by, Eastleigh are going to be energetic, physical and threatening on the break. What we need to do is play some football against them and, in the process, create some end product. Easier said than done, I know.
We also need a much better standard of League referee who can see through all of Eastleigh’s shenanigans, rather someone from the Conference like yesterday.

Can't understand why members of this forum support the manager. How do we know that MD and the rest did not want to play for him. He has not been sucessful in previous jobs, constantly moans about everything and seldom admits when he gets it wrong. Those of you who blame the BOD ask yourself the question "why didn't I put myself forward".
JR lost better players than GC lost, didn't moan just got on with the job, and I don't agree he would of got us relegated.
Players brought in by JR are still the best of a bad lot with the exception of McLaughlin and Delaney, but GC does give the impression he would like to be rid of some of them the same way as Bowen.
I will admit his position is not great, not knowing if he will still be in a job when HJ takes over, but you would think he would keep quiet publically, and address issues with players privately.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 7th, 2024, 12:42 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 7th, 2024, 11:55 am In the replay, if yesterday’s match is anything to go by, Eastleigh are going to be energetic, physical and threatening on the break. What we need to do is play some football against them and, in the process, create some end product. Easier said than done, I know.
We also need a much better standard of League referee who can see through all of Eastleigh’s shenanigans, rather someone from the Conference like yesterday.
This is Ed Duckworth's first season as an EFL referee. It is normal in the FA Cup for the referee to be from the higher level of the two clubs hence why we have had Premier League referees for games against PL teams in the past.

owlsabout wrote: January 7th, 2024, 2:49 pm Why are we moaning about officials ?wasn't his fault we decided to get involved in a aerial battle wasn't his fault we couldn't work out how to play against a team with 10 men. I get the penalty
was harsh but if we stopped the cross and weren't so deep then he dont have to make that decision.
Agree, poor officials are hardly a surprise at this level are they? You can blame them for their crap decision-making but not for our incompetence!

wattsville_boy wrote: January 6th, 2024, 12:42 pm
rncfc wrote: January 6th, 2024, 10:25 am
wattsville_boy wrote: January 6th, 2024, 12:19 am Bought my ticket today but it's just the kind of game that County will lose. Having said that I'd like to see a few rested and opportunity given to some of the perennial bench warmers not to pick up any more splinters in the arses...
3rd round of the cup against a non league side and you want to see people rested? Hahaha.
Well if it's the type of game that County tend to under-perform in (that is games against teams below them in the football pyramid) then yes I would rest players. Sometimes changes are necessary to keep the regular starters on their game, that the need for some element of consistency to remain on the side is required. If you keep picking the same 11 week in, week out then complacency can creep in. And despondency for those that are not included week in, week out. So give some of the perennial bench warmers an opportunity...
Fair enough. Wouldn't be my approach but see what you're saying.