Re: Great Incentive

DT1892 wrote: January 10th, 2024, 9:15 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: January 10th, 2024, 8:23 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 10th, 2024, 5:46 pm Gentlemen,

If you are tempted to email SC4 there is a very obvious question to ask. Namely.

Since 2013 Newport County have played eleven seasons. Ten at a higher level than Wrexham and one with both clubs in the same division. In those ten years and five months from August 2013 to date, how many live games have SC4 televised involving Wrexham compared to the live games televised of Newport County?

I look forward to your response.

Should be interesting. :grin:
Newport County-1 (one) FA cup game.

Wrexham:

2 possibly 3 FA trophy finals
4 possibly 5 FA cup games (2 this season alone and a few in past years)
A trophy parade, yes wall to wall coverage of the national league (5th tier) trophy parade
We've had our FA Cup games against Blackburn and Walsall on S4C, whether we've had any more than that I can't remember.
I had a nagging feeling they may have covered 2 (two) of our games in 10+ years but could only recall the Blackburn game (re arranged after being rained off).

excessbee wrote: January 10th, 2024, 1:18 pm
excessbee wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:48 pm And now I've just found out we've sold out for Eastleigh....... after I booked accommodation and train ....
Hope I haven't misled anyone. I wasn't looking carefully enough. Standing away terrace still showing as available. Phew!
Looked again this morning (just curious). Seems like the away sections are now all sold out.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 10th, 2024, 9:25 am A degree of confidence at Eastleigh as they have released their provisional programme for Man U ticket sales starting on the 17th.
As someone who's spoken to their ticket office three times since Tuesday (don't ask, related to the ticketing system not working properly when I bought the initial tickets), I can confirm they have been VERY busy, both selling County replay tickets (and fixing the away ticket config) and then fielding calls about the possible Manchester United match, so it makes every bit of sense to put something on their website if only to control the volume of calls.

In fact the article says almost exactly that and is probably more complimentary to County than it needs to be:
https://www.eastleighfc.com/news-provis ... rth-round/
"We clearly have a very difficult fixture to navigate first against a very good team who will be equally as determined to win the game and it is our preference to focus on this fixture.

However, the logistical issues for a club of our size in playing a club the size of Manchester United means we do need to explore and communicate certain provisional plans in the hope of reducing the understandable high volume of calls we are dealing with."

Ironically enough should County not get through I'd also qualify for a second phase ticket to see "my local club" play Man U. Scant consolation. :?