MY PROPOSED RESOLUTION ON A TRANSPARENCY POLICY TO THE TRUST AGM ON 25 JANUARY 2024

Please note that what is written below directly applies to the Trust only and not the AFC.

Trust Members should have been informed that I have tabled a proposed resolution to the Trust AGM on the 25 January. If passed, that resolution would require the Trust Directors to formulate and implement a Transparency Policy by 31 July 2024. Broadly, this is the reason for my proposed resolution:

“In drafting this Policy, it is to be recognised by the Directors that principal requirements of transparency include timely and effective communication and consultation with the members of the Trust. So, in broad terms, what the Policy should be designed to avoid is the creation and development of rumour, speculation etc. that may be negative to the operation of the Trust. “.

At the AGM, I may be asked to propose my resolution and offer reasons why it should be supported. These are some of the specific examples that I shall use to justify the Policy:

1. Uncontrolled 'leaking' to the press and social media, before such matters are made known to the Trust membership.

2. Uncontrolled management of Trust news leading to speculation and rumour.

3. No ongoing engagement with members on important matters such as the progress of the transfer of the Trust's shares to Huw Jenkins

4. No person responsible for the management of supporter engagement in relation to transparency and two way communication.

5. Non advance release of information relating to informing discussion of Trust matters e.g. the Annual Accounts in advance of an AGM, the audit report of the Football Supporters Association on Trust governance.

6. Non publication of proceedings of the Trust Board of Directors e.g. the Minutes of Board meetings.

7. Failure to respond and to timely respond to correspondence sent to the Trust.

These are some of the things that immediately come to my mind.

The purpose of this post is to seek Trust members (and the wider fan base) views of what they regard as 'transparency failings' so that they can be used by me to support my proposed resolution at the AGM and to provide clear examples to the BOD, of what' evils' they must tackle to formulate and implement the Policy, if it is passed.

Re: MY PROPOSED RESOLUTION ON A TRANSPARENCY POLICY TO THE TRUST AGM ON 25 JANUARY 2024

I have been talking about lack of communication (even when there is nothing to update, tell us that), for a number of years. It is not a new issue.

That said, discussing ‘evils’ that must be tackled, is not the way to gather support. Just my view.

Regarding ‘leaks’, this is one issue that could be raised. Who is it within the club/Trust that is giving information to the South Wales Argus/ BBC Wales news that HJ takeover is imminent? They have been saying that for weeks. It may be imminent now, but it wasn’t in December.

Re: MY PROPOSED RESOLUTION ON A TRANSPARENCY POLICY TO THE TRUST AGM ON 25 JANUARY 2024

Chris. I commend your enthusiasm regarding Trust reform but I think you are about five years too late.

The Trust will regress back to a Supporters Trust/club to fundraise for secondary purposes, but with little influence to the privately owned club entity.
The retention or reelection of a Trust Board will be irrelevant once the handover is complete. I'd be surprised if you can then count the number of Trust members beyond the tens, let alone the hundreds or thousands.

TheElfInspector wrote: January 13th, 2024, 12:42 pm Without knowing specifics Chris, I would certainly support.

Lots of hot air blown around on this forum (hence the reason I rarely/never post. Very little action or people stepping up to the plate.

Well done Chris, it can only make things better or at least try to.
Yes echo that. Also well done for being open minded in not pretending you know what the majority of Trust members will be deciding after/if the takeover happens

Far too often on this board, actually it's true in life, we tend to agree with those we like and disagree with those we don't. It takes a person of supreme intellect and superb integrity to rise above this all too human malaise.

However having read this thread, and I stress thi is only my opinion, Whoareya is entiely correct and other comments whilst held by fine upstanding people are on this occasion superfluous.

God I hated writing that. :cry:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 13th, 2024, 2:45 pm Far too often on this board, actually it's true in life, we tend to agree with those we like and disagree with those we don't. It takes a person of supreme intellect and superb integrity to rise above this all too human malaise.

However having read this thread, and I stress thi is only my opinion, Whoareya is entiely correct and other comments whilst held by fine upstanding people are on this occasion superfluous.

I also suspect Whoareya will be proved correct, but what often irks me, and this is probably my problem, is those who apparently make statements as if they are facts, when they can only be opinions.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 13th, 2024, 2:45 pm Far too often on this board, actually it's true in life, we tend to agree with those we like and disagree with those we don't. It takes a person of supreme intellect and superb integrity to rise above this all too human malaise.

I agree :wink:

rncfc wrote: January 13th, 2024, 6:41 pm

**** me,the County homo-erotic tag team.

whoareya wrote: January 13th, 2024, 9:54 pm
rncfc wrote: January 13th, 2024, 6:41 pm

**** me,the County homo-erotic tag team.
Eh?