Re: V Doncaster Rovers

neilcork68 wrote: January 15th, 2024, 6:29 am
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 14th, 2024, 5:19 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 14th, 2024, 4:32 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 14th, 2024, 1:02 pm :shock: One of their fans has posted on their forum that the club is in a mess, they have a game on Tuesday and Deeney is working for Sky as a summarizer at the QPR v Watford game......
They dont seem a happy bunch with him in charge...need to eat some meat....... :mrgreen:
Haha. That’s madness that he’s still doing his punditry. I quite like the bloke (not sure why) but that rant will mean he’ll lose the dressing room & at some point over the next 6 games Vince will panic & fire him or he’ll walk. You can’t be dropping first teamers or taking 5 kids from the youth team to Stags on Tues. There are no free hits when league status is at stake.

The reality is that he could be good long term and he’s absolutely right, they’re a total basket case of a club but Vince’s ego won’t allow him to accept a longer term project as he’s committed to building a new (wooden) stadium and sunk millions into this hence the managerial merry go round thus far.
The stadium is a smoke screen for an industrial park he wants to build, fortunately the planners are insisting the stadium is built first. All this taking place on a green field site which shows what a hypocrite Dale Vince is when it comes to making money.
As Vince is the 'money man ' behind JUST STOP OIL he will probably set up an Oil Refinery Business on the Industrial Park if he can make money😁

The guys a complete W⚓ and a hypocrite
Listening to FGR supporters, if they do move stadiums then DV has it in mind to build houses on the old one. You just got to love these ‘green’ crusaders who ultimately look to improve their bank balances rather than the planet. As for Just Stop Oil, in the unlikely event of a ban being imposed you have not got to be a genius to see who would be one of the main beneficiaries, Ecotricity of course!

Also a lesson for Wrexham perhaps, as it seems that DV is getting bored with the idea of constantly shelling money into project Rovers.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 15th, 2024, 8:51 am
neilcork68 wrote: January 15th, 2024, 6:29 am
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 14th, 2024, 5:19 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 14th, 2024, 4:32 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 14th, 2024, 1:02 pm :shock: One of their fans has posted on their forum that the club is in a mess, they have a game on Tuesday and Deeney is working for Sky as a summarizer at the QPR v Watford game......
They dont seem a happy bunch with him in charge...need to eat some meat....... :mrgreen:
Haha. That’s madness that he’s still doing his punditry. I quite like the bloke (not sure why) but that rant will mean he’ll lose the dressing room & at some point over the next 6 games Vince will panic & fire him or he’ll walk. You can’t be dropping first teamers or taking 5 kids from the youth team to Stags on Tues. There are no free hits when league status is at stake.

The reality is that he could be good long term and he’s absolutely right, they’re a total basket case of a club but Vince’s ego won’t allow him to accept a longer term project as he’s committed to building a new (wooden) stadium and sunk millions into this hence the managerial merry go round thus far.
The stadium is a smoke screen for an industrial park he wants to build, fortunately the planners are insisting the stadium is built first. All this taking place on a green field site which shows what a hypocrite Dale Vince is when it comes to making money.
As Vince is the 'money man ' behind JUST STOP OIL he will probably set up an Oil Refinery Business on the Industrial Park if he can make money😁

The guys a complete W⚓ and a hypocrite
Listening to FGR supporters, if they do move stadiums then DV has it in mind to build houses on the old one. You just got to love these ‘green’ crusaders who ultimately look to improve their bank balances rather than the planet. As for Just Stop Oil, in the unlikely event of a ban being imposed you have not got to be a genius to see who would be one of the main beneficiaries, Ecotricity of course!

Also a lesson for Wrexham perhaps, as it seems that DV is getting bored with the idea of constantly shelling money into project Rovers.
What happened to the ground they left behind when they moved to the current one?

On the subject of Coughlan: it’s easy to forget that the majority of pundits who take an interest in L2 football had us as favourites to go down this season. On paper, with our precarious financial position and losing good players, it looked grim. I won’t count my chickens until it’s mathematically impossible to be relegated but Coughlan, and his team in the background, are currently exceeding a lot of people’s expectations.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:09 pm On the subject of Coughlan: it’s easy to forget that the majority of pundits who take an interest in L2 football had us as favourites to go down this season. On paper, with our precarious financial position and losing good players, it looked grim. I won’t count my chickens until it’s mathematically impossible to be relegated but Coughlan, and his team in the background, are currently exceeding a lot of people’s expectations.
Absolutely correct. Further the complaints about Coughlan are not about the results but about the performance. Of course people are entitled to complain and say what they think. My view is that last time I went into MacDonald's I didn't expect silver service from a formally dressed waiter with my Big Mac.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:23 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: January 15th, 2024, 12:09 pm On the subject of Coughlan: it’s easy to forget that the majority of pundits who take an interest in L2 football had us as favourites to go down this season. On paper, with our precarious financial position and losing good players, it looked grim. I won’t count my chickens until it’s mathematically impossible to be relegated but Coughlan, and his team in the background, are currently exceeding a lot of people’s expectations.
Absolutely correct. Further the complaints about Coughlan are not about the results but about the performance. Of course people are entitled to complain and say what they think. My view is that last time I went into MacDonald's I didn't expect silver service from a formally dressed waiter with my Big Mac.
The annoying thing is that we've played like Real Madrid at times this season when the players have allowed (Doncaster at home/FGR away etc) but also played horrific long-ball for large swathes of other games. I think that if GC had a bigger wage budget he'd play a more attractive brand of footy whereas I don't think you can say the same about Flynny for example.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:05 pm
The annoying thing is that we've played like Real Madrid at times this season when the players have allowed (Doncaster at home/FGR away etc) but also played horrific long-ball for large swathes of other games. I think that if GC had a bigger wage budget he'd play a more attractive brand of footy whereas I don't think you can say the same about Flynny for example.

You can play in a style that looks like Real Madrid, it isn't, against sides you are better than. Against sides who have better players and away from home it's about grinding out results. I absolutely support the right of those who wish to be critical of our performance at Doncaster. My view is that we won 1-0. Give me that over a free flowing and wonderfully entertaining 5-4 defeat.

I think successfully applying the press was a factor in our early season performances (particularly against Doncaster). Bogle was injured and Seb and Will were running defences that played out from the back ragged. It’s clear to me that, with a small squad and heavy pitches, we no longer have the energy to apply the press anyway near as effectively. Other teams will also have learned to counter it. At this stage of the season Bogle becomes more important as he can hold the ball up and beat a man when it’s played into his feet. So, as you say, with a bigger squad (and Bogle fit), we’d likely see a bit less of the long ball.