Re: NOTICE OF TRUST AGM 25 January 2024

Amberexile wrote: January 12th, 2024, 3:57 pm

Another example of the Model Rules saying one thing and the Trust doing another. At best in the past, at the AGM it has been announced which Board members will be standing down, which will be seeking re-election, a time scale for the process and who will be tasked with running it. The process of electing Trust Board Members usually takes weeks even when existing members are elected unopposed, it isn't practical to do it at a single meeting using the established process even if the Model Rules indicate that this should be the case.
There would have to be a reasonable timescale for candidates to apply to stand, to produce their manifestos etc. and for the Trust membership to cast votes*.

That is now impossible in the timescale that remains.

* Not that anyone actually will stand, or have stood for the last few elections. So any discussion about a Trust relaunch is largely irrelevant.

Chris Davis wrote: January 11th, 2024, 9:45 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 11th, 2024, 1:55 pm
Chris Davis wrote: January 11th, 2024, 9:36 am
G Guest wrote: January 10th, 2024, 5:00 pm Discussion about the future of the Trust and how to elect 2 Newport County directors from the Trust and related matters is scheduled for the meeting.
Sorry, I made a significant typo in my original post. In my paragraph about elections I should have written to the Trust Board and not the Club Board. I have now amended my original post.
With regard to elections and the Trust AGM. The most I would expect is an announcement that elections will be held in the (near) future. To my knowledge the AGM has not previously been used to elect new Board members.
Under the Model Rules the AGM is the main meeting for appointing Trust Board Directors. It should be an agenda item every time there is an AGM. I am informed that Election of Directors last appeared on the 2022 agenda. Also don't forget that election is not the only way for someone to be appointed to the Board. They can be co-opted. The big democratic difference is that co-opted Directors do not have to resign after any period and, unless they choose to stand to be an elected Director they are not directly appointed by Trust members.
Another example of the Model Rules saying one thing and the Trust doing another. At best in the past, at the AGM it has been announced which Board members will be standing down, which will be seeking re-election, a time scale for the process and who will be tasked with running it. The process of electing Trust Board Members usually takes weeks even when existing members are elected unopposed, it isn't practical to do it at a single meeting using the established process even if the Model Rules indicate that this should be the case.
In the Model Rules it states that the election will be carried out according to the Election Policy adopted by the Trust. I doubt that the Trust BOD has ever adopted such a Policy. I have asked for it and not even received an acknowledgement. However, the Football Supporters Association provide a template. As the AFC/Trust and the FSA seem wedded to each other, I think that that is what they would follow although it is not mandatory to do so. The template makes it absolutely clear that the process of proposing prospective Directors is IN ADVANCE of the AGM and not after it. It also makes clear that the election will take place at the AGM and not an SGM.
As you write "Another example of the Model Rules saying one thing and the Trust doing another."

Chris Davis wrote: January 11th, 2024, 9:45 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 11th, 2024, 1:55 pm
Chris Davis wrote: January 11th, 2024, 9:36 am
G Guest wrote: January 10th, 2024, 5:00 pm Discussion about the future of the Trust and how to elect 2 Newport County directors from the Trust and related matters is scheduled for the meeting.
Sorry, I made a significant typo in my original post. In my paragraph about elections I should have written to the Trust Board and not the Club Board. I have now amended my original post.
With regard to elections and the Trust AGM. The most I would expect is an announcement that elections will be held in the (near) future. To my knowledge the AGM has not previously been used to elect new Board members.
Under the Model Rules the AGM is the main meeting for appointing Trust Board Directors. It should be an agenda item every time there is an AGM. I am informed that Election of Directors last appeared on the 2022 agenda. Also don't forget that election is not the only way for someone to be appointed to the Board. They can be co-opted. The big democratic difference is that co-opted Directors do not have to resign after any period and, unless they choose to stand to be an elected Director they are not directly appointed by Trust members.
Just to point out that according to the info relating to the proposed meeting, it is to discuss the future of the Trust, and how to choose two club board directors. It is an assumption that the meeting will want elections in future, particularly when the trust ran the club few put themselves forward.

Chris Davis wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:37 pm I have just received an email setting out the Notice. The meeting can only be attended by Trust member, registered as of yesterday. The AGM is scheduled to last for 30 minutes. This would seem to indicate that, in the opinion of the BOD, the meting will be 'cut and dried'. This is the agenda:

The AGM will cover:

Acceptance of the audited accounts for financial years ending 30th June 2022, and 30th June 2023.

Doubtless the BOD will explain why we are being asked to accept the audited accounts of 2022 at this meeting and not the previous one. There is no indication that either set of accounts will be made available to Trust members before the meeting.

Could this be ONE of the reasons why the EFL and Mr Jenkins have not signed off there respective Due Diligence of the club.

flat4 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:14 am
Chris Davis wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:37 pm I have just received an email setting out the Notice. The meeting can only be attended by Trust member, registered as of yesterday. The AGM is scheduled to last for 30 minutes. This would seem to indicate that, in the opinion of the BOD, the meting will be 'cut and dried'. This is the agenda:

The AGM will cover:

Acceptance of the audited accounts for financial years ending 30th June 2022, and 30th June 2023.

Doubtless the BOD will explain why we are being asked to accept the audited accounts of 2022 at this meeting and not the previous one. There is no indication that either set of accounts will be made available to Trust members before the meeting.

Could this be ONE of the reasons why the EFL and Mr Jenkins have not signed off there respective Due Diligence of the club.
What makes you believe Mr Jenkins has not completed his due diligence into the clubs accounts?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 16th, 2024, 11:49 am
flat4 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 10:14 am

The AGM will cover:

What makes you believe Mr Jenkins has not completed his due diligence into the clubs accounts?
This is the AGM for the Trust so the accounts being signed off will be those for the Trust, not the football club. i.e. the accounts that show contributions coming in from Trust members and donations going out to the football club. The only reason HJ may be worried about these accounts is if he is desperate for the trust to continue donating £100k a year which he has said he is not.

Amberexile wrote: January 16th, 2024, 12:19 pm

This is the AGM for the Trust so the accounts being signed off will be those for the Trust, not the football club. i.e. the accounts that show contributions coming in from Trust members and donations going out to the football club. The only reason HJ may be worried about these accounts is if he is desperate for the trust to continue donating £100k a year which he has said he is not.
Well that's one thing me and Jenk's have in common. I too am not desperate for anyone to give me £100,000 a year. But if anyone would like to, please don't let my lack of desperation stop you. :grin: