Re: Exiles Grandstand: Eastleigh FA Cup Round 3 REPLAY

CathedralCounty wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:41 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:33 pm You should see the queue at RP waiting for tickets

Already 5 deep and queuing over Newport Bridge😁
I know you’re kidding but as a season ticket holder who was able to get my tickets online for all the previous rounds I will be extremely miffed if I have to queue up, and I’m not kidding.
Me too. But no doubt I'll do it. :cheers:

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:43 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:41 pm
neilcork68 wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:33 pm You should see the queue at RP waiting for tickets

Already 5 deep and queuing over Newport Bridge😁
I know you’re kidding but as a season ticket holder who was able to get my tickets online for all the previous rounds I will be extremely miffed if I have to queue up, and I’m not kidding.
Me too. But no doubt I'll do it. :cheers:
I don’t mean it in a too posh to queue sense I mean it’s just a silly baws ache for no reason when we have an online system the club pay a fee for, its things like this the club need to tighten up on, there should be a statement up on the website by now.

Percy plunkett wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:59 pm Today is the anniversary of the passing of David Hando,without him we wouldn’t be here.He will be smiling and counting the massive jackpot that we have won tonight.
If only someone as pragmatic and level headed as David Hando had been able to oversee the last few years since our last cup windfall, things would almost certainly be a lot different.

As it happens, Graham Coughlan and our team have bailed us out. They deserve the freedom of the city for this season. Massively overworked compared to the competition, and have pretty much saved the club by getting us to a respectable league position and to the 4th round of the cup yet again.

Unbelievable for someone like me who associates the FA cup with losing to village sides every single year for most of my life.

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 17th, 2024, 4:23 pm
Stow Hill Sid wrote: January 17th, 2024, 3:49 pm Just noticed that no-one has actually said it....but we were bloody great last night!

Have to say I was working till 8 so only heard the game on 5 live sports extra who used bbc solent they where a decent bunch saying that we looked a well drilled team and deserved the win

Which I thought was a pleasant surprise
Yes, I must say I found MOST clubs in our non-league days were a pretty pleasant group of supporters - you’ll guess why I had to make the “ most “ comment 😀

On the Tuesday I came home and turned on the Sky Sports program just in time to hear one of their ‘experts’ telling me that the County has taken an early lead but that Eastleigh were very much the better side.
I then turned to the BBC online service where I could see the statistics and was quite amazed. They obviously change as the match progresses but the final version was:

Possession: Eastleigh 48%, County 52%
Shots: Eastleigh 5, County 11
Shots on Target: Eastleigh 3, County 6
Corners: Eastleigh 0, County 6
Fouls: Eastleigh 12, County 11

So the only number which is larger for Eastleigh was for fouls- hardly a good thing!
I do not think these figures support the idea that Eastleigh were much the better team.

Yet again I found a TV pundit either incompetent or, more likely, biased (against the Welsh team presumably).
When the following day I watched the highlights on U-Tube- admittedly only a two minute section- there seemed to be only one team playing- and that wasn’t Eastleigh!
However justice did out in the end.

Goals win Matches wrote: January 18th, 2024, 10:08 am On the Tuesday I came home and turned on the Sky Sports program just in time to hear one of their ‘experts’ telling me that the County has taken an early lead but that Eastleigh were very much the better side.
I then turned to the BBC online service where I could see the statistics and was quite amazed. They obviously change as the match progresses but the final version was:

Possession: Eastleigh 48%, County 52%
Shots: Eastleigh 5, County 11
Shots on Target: Eastleigh 3, County 6
Corners: Eastleigh 0, County 6
Fouls: Eastleigh 12, County 11

So the only number which is larger for Eastleigh was for fouls- hardly a good thing!
I do not think these figures support the idea that Eastleigh were much the better team.

Yet again I found a TV pundit either incompetent or, more likely, biased (against the Welsh team presumably).
When the following day I watched the highlights on U-Tube- admittedly only a two minute section- there seemed to be only one team playing- and that wasn’t Eastleigh!
However justice did out in the end.
No they are not biased against a Welsh team. They are biased in favour of the underdog.