Re: !Ticket Help Man Utd! - post questions/queries here

Amberexile wrote: January 18th, 2024, 3:10 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:48 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:40 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:15 pm
JonD wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:06 pm Whereas I asa trust member give hundreds a year for one match ticket+school dinner and the right to vote. It's a mug's game 😂
In fairness a lot of trust members pay the lowest subs (£60 a year which is a LOT less than even the cheapest adult season tickets cost) and its not in one cash-flow boosting chunk either arguably the club need a few sweeteners for ST holders whereas the trust in theory is more altruistic perhaps? In any case its not trust v ST holders, many are both, its just easier for Ticketmaster to register ST holders than trust members hence the online facility for one and not the other.
On the point of it being marginally easier to register season ticket holders than Trust members, the margin is very small as an example, the FAW manage to do it for every away game when liaison with foreign FAs all around Eurpoe is required, the do it with multiple levels of sales windows for people with different levels of priority using Ticketmaster, it is different criteria every time and it works every time. It is a matter of will and organisation.

Still, my Can Can has improved greatly today.
I agree its not that complicated but it all costs money for us the client - the club probably didn't think it was worth the £x thousands it would cost for a more bespoke system to be used in the event event of a rare big game occurring - yes it has meant some fans are inconvenienced which is a right burger but its a balancing act - one cannot please all of the people all of the time.
It shouldn't cost thousands. If you buy the right service, it is client controlled customisation/paramaterisation. People buying IT have demanded that for over 30 years. maybe they screwed up the procurement by buying the big name - nobody ever got fired for buying IBM as we used to say.
I work in the wider IT context and IT procurement is a minefield and with due respect if the post office can't get it right little old Newport County have no hope!

CathedralCounty wrote: January 18th, 2024, 3:16 pm
JonD wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:06 pm Whereas I asa trust member give hundreds a year for one match ticket+school dinner and the right to vote. It's a mug's game 😂
In fairness a lot of trust members pay the lowest subs (£60 a year which is a LOT less than even the cheapest adult season tickets cost) and its not in one cash-flow boosting chunk either arguably the club need a few sweeteners for ST holders whereas the trust in theory is more altruistic perhaps? In any case its not trust v ST holders, many are both, its just easier for Ticketmaster to register ST holders than trust members hence the online facility for one and not the other.
On the point of it being marginally easier to register season ticket holders than Trust members, the margin is very small as an example, the FAW manage to do it for every away game when liaison with foreign FAs all around Eurpoe is required, the do it with multiple levels of sales windows for people with different levels of priority using Ticketmaster, it is different criteria every time and it works every time. It is a matter of will and organisation.

I agree its not that complicated but it all costs money for us the client - the club probably didn't think it was worth the £x thousands it would cost for a more bespoke system to be used in the event event of a rare big game occurring - yes it has meant some fans are inconvenienced which is a right burger but its a balancing act - one cannot please all of the people all of the time.
It shouldn't cost thousands. If you buy the right service, it is client controlled customisation/paramaterisation. People buying IT have demanded that for over 30 years. maybe they screwed up the procurement by buying the big name - nobody ever got fired for buying IBM as we used to say.
I work in the wider IT context and IT procurement is a minefield and with due respect if the post office can't get it right little old Newport County have no hope!
:lol: "IT procurement is a minefield" sounds like a quote from somebody who has bought from me in the past :grin:

Heh. The music is the icing on the cake, isn't it?

I've shifted my focus to Saturday post-match. Unusually I'll be travelling with a group that day , none of whom need tickets, so I'm dependent on their patience while I queue. Ah well. it is what it is.

I think Cathedral's point about picking up a north terrace season ticket in lieu of a trust donation (even if I never use it) makes sense under the current arrangements.

Amberexile wrote: January 18th, 2024, 3:28 pm

:lol: "IT procurement is a minefield" sounds like a quote from somebody who has bought from me in the past :grin:
It was you was it ya racsal!

JonD wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:24 pm Heh. The music is the icing on the cake, isn't it?

I've shifted my focus to Saturday post-match. Unusually I'll be travelling with a group that day , none of whom need tickets, so I'm dependent on their patience while I queue. Ah well. it is what it is.

I think Cathedral's point about picking up a north terrace season ticket in lieu of a trust donation (even if I never use it) makes sense under the current arrangements.
To clarify I'm not trying to put people off trust membership but a season ticket is a better option if you want to guarantee a 'big game' ticket and nets the club more money than the cheaper trust options.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:59 pm
Amberexile wrote: January 18th, 2024, 3:28 pm

It was you was it ya racsal!
and it was worth it for the sales bonus :grin: