Wrexham bigger than Man U?

It seems likely that because of the need to accommodate cameras and other TV equipment the attendance on Sunday will be lower than the 9,535 who watched Wrexham. Thus proving that Wrexham are bigger than Man U. and should be in the Premier League.

If 2,000 season ticket holders have bought 2 tickets each and 1,000 trust members have bought 1 ticket each, because everyone has ignored the rule prohibiting buying under more than one heading, 5,000 tickets have already been sold. This leaves about 3,000 home tickets still unsold.

Re: Wrexham bigger than Man U?

G Guest wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 9:17 am It seems likely that because of the need to accommodate cameras and other TV equipment the attendance on Sunday will be lower than the 9,535 who watched Wrexham. Thus proving that Wrexham are bigger than Man U. and should be in the Premier League.

If 2,000 season ticket holders have bought 2 tickets each and 1,000 trust members have bought 1 ticket each, because everyone has ignored the rule prohibiting buying under more than one heading, 5,000 tickets have already been sold. This leaves about 3,000 home tickets still unsold.
Many Trust members were entitled to more than 1 ticket. Gold, platinum & corporate members could buy 2 each. It’s an automatic 2 for Clwb Spytty members as they have to have an adult with them. Then add in media, corporate, sponsors and players.

However, I do think a lot of season ticket seats will be released today as many, like me, have bought tickets elsewhere in the stadium to get seats together. My usual ST seats will show as unavailable until after the priority sales window has closed & then be released for sale.

G Guest wrote:-
If 2,000 season ticket holders have bought 2 tickets each and 1,000 trust members have bought 1 ticket each, because everyone has ignored the rule prohibiting buying under more than one heading, 5,000 tickets have already been sold
You say "everyone has ignored the rule prohibiting buying under more than one heading" - That's not correct. I am a season ticket holder and a Platinum Trust member and only purchased 2 tickets through my season ticket (the 2nd ticket went to a regular supporter who is not a season ticket holder but in his 80s and would not have been able to queue for hours). I am pretty sure there are many more season ticket + Trust members who stuck to the rules.

I do feel something needs to be sorted out for the future to ensure this ticketing fiasco doesn't happen again. Surely it is not beyond the realms of possibility for the ticketing software to identify if a Trust member trying to purchase tickets is also a season ticket holder and if so whether tickets have already been purchased. Also surely it should be possible for the software to be modified to allow Trust members to purchase tickets online?

Whilst I think it is right and proper for season ticket holders to have priority access to purchase a ticket and reserve their regular seat for cup matches I, as a season ticket holder, would have no issue if they decided it should be just the one ticket, not two.

I was postulating about how many tickets could be left IF everyone bought the maximum under each category of entitlement. I know that everyone didn't because I did not use my trust allocation myself. It has been pointed out that I got the calculation wrong anyway by forgetting about some trust members who were entitled to two tickets and one or two other categories as well.

I agree that this can't be allowed to happen again. Reducing S T holder entitlement to just the seat they already have would make it much simpler and if Trust membership is to continue to mean anything in the new era of private ownership of the club, there must be an electronic membership list which the ticket system can interrogate. Failing that a new loyalty scheme like other clubs have should be introduced.