Re: The default position remains the same. Newport County lie.

It has nothing to do with CCTV because we do not own our image rights, that was ceded to the Govt years ago. Similarly we cannot take back control over fingerprints or DNA if either are given willingly. GDPR should stop your personal details being sold on to other parties. Any spam message or phone call from companies you haven't had direct contact with needs to be challenged because your details will have been shared by some body (possibly before the regulations came into effect). But I believe it's one area where people can put the genie back into the bottle. Eventually.

SJG99 wrote: January 24th, 2024, 7:37 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: January 24th, 2024, 3:38 pm I think the point I'm making is it could and should have been done when the new system came in two years ago.
Can't argue with that, but I can also see why it wasn't prioritised given the rarity of the need.

Maybe a bit of stability in leadership will give us some medium and long-term planning instead of being hand to mouth (though I'm pretty sure from comments I saw about ticketing that any kind of club-led paid membership scheme that isn't the Trust would be unpopular - one of those things clubs with more complex ticketing needs all have).
rarity of the need that's the point really and why tickets are so in demand - we don't have your 'big' games every week - yes the demand was there for Wrexham, inflated by the FA cup game a week later i.e, the Utd game, and some proper derbies like Swindon will draw a decent crowd (really hope we get 6,500 + regardless of the Utd result) but the proper huge games where its packed are rare indeed - away/Wembley games are moot because there will be lots of tickets to go round - if we do get a replay at Old Trafford the away allocation will be almost as big as our whole capacity so everyone who wants one will get a ticket.

rncfc wrote: January 25th, 2024, 11:01 am
Amberexile wrote: January 25th, 2024, 10:52 am Ultimately, the club did verify Trust membership details when selling tickets last week and would have had to have accessed the Trust held data to do this and to email the tickets out to email addresses held by the Trust.
An excellent point. So the act has been breached anyway then. Where do I direct my complaint? Not.
In my opinion you are right. What is more in a lot of this type of legislation you will find terms such as 'except where is reasonably necessary' or 'other than when circumstances which may be prescribed by'. They are there to allow courts to strike out ridiculous and vexatious attempts to make well intentioned legislation fall into the hands of idiots.

I've not looked at the legislation but I bet those terms are there. If the Trust sold member Identification details to a private company, they might be in trouble. Giving the details of members to Newport County causing problems? I very much doubt it.