Re: Luke Jephcott signs

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 25th, 2024, 12:27 pm As he has been playing in the Scottish leagues, does it technically make him available for this Sunday?
From my time as a club secretary (in non league football) he will need to be fully registered by 5pm Friday.
This includes the international clearence. As long as he hasn't played in the FAC this season he would be
elidgible for Sunday. The only issue could be if the FA has brought the 'registered by' date forward - sometimes
they do that. As the first 4th round game is tonight they might have made the registration deadljne yesterday
so lets see..

rgds Dave
Last edited by PerthDave on January 25th, 2024, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 25th, 2024, 12:27 pm As he has been playing in the Scottish leagues, does it technically make him available for this Sunday?
Surely County will have checked on the registration date/time? I mean Huw must have known that he'd get approval before the end of January and so if the registration time/date was yesterday then they would have announced it yesterday. He'll be getting his match fitness up the first few games I would have thought...

wattsville_boy wrote: January 25th, 2024, 1:47 pm
Surely County will have checked on the registration date/time? I mean Huw must have known that he'd get approval before the end of January and so if the registration time/date was yesterday then they would have announced it yesterday. He'll be getting his match fitness up the first few games I would have thought...
Last season, the deadline was noon Friday. I don't have updated rules for his season. I also wouldn't be surprised if the deal wasn't signed before today but the news held back to give Huw top billing yesterday.

wattsville_boy wrote: January 25th, 2024, 1:47 pm
Before each round the FA will send the Club Secretary a notification regarding the registration deadline for that round. I do remember
a few times in the qulifying rounds when there was a Friday game that we were told Thursday was the deadline so that clubs paying on Sat/Sun didn't
get an advantage. Is different for the 'proper' rounds ? I'm not sure - all I can say is that player registration can get a bit murky at times as Barnsley
and FGR found out to their cost a few months back.

rgds Dave

He obviously wasn’t getting games up there so let’s hope he’s match fit. One wag on their message board remarked that he hoped that the County’s training ground was more than 5 minutes from a Macdonalds! Perhaps he’s carrying a bit of timber. If so I’m sure Cockers will get him running!
He’s one of ours now, welcome Luke and hope our training ground pasta suits you 😂