Re: MY VIEW ON THE TRUST AGM AND 'CONSULTATIVE MEETING@

Amberexile wrote: January 26th, 2024, 3:12 pm If the Trust members' interests are being represented by Director(s) attending Club Board Meetings then they should report back to the membership on their interactions with the Board otherwise the members are not being represented.
Well said, it’s simple isn’t it? Just amazing that some think that in some way unreasonable! They scramble my brain!

Amberexile wrote: January 26th, 2024, 3:12 pm If the Trust members' interests are being represented by Director(s) attending Club Board Meetings then they should report back to the membership on their interactions with the Board otherwise the members are not being represented.
And your not thinking through what exactly can be reported back. Therefore why have a representative who's sole purpose is to report back what exactly?

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 5:04 pm
And your not thinking through what exactly can be reported back. Therefore why have a representative who's sole purpose is to report back what exactly?
Yes I am. Anything that is discussed while the fans' representatives are in attendance is fair game to be reported back to the people they represent. If there is anything the remainder of the Board wish to remain confidential with regards to the fans, the meeting can be split into 2 sections with the fans' representatives excused part way through. This is common practice in business and government circles and something we could easily adopt.

Amberexile wrote: January 26th, 2024, 6:45 pm
Yes I am. Anything that is discussed while the fans' representatives are in attendance is fair game to be reported back to the people they represent. If there is anything the remainder of the Board wish to remain confidential with regards to the fans, the meeting can be split into 2 sections with the fans' representatives excused part way through. This is common practice in business and government circles and something we could easily adopt.
Which in practice means that what is reported back is meaningless.

Why are we protecting a system that doesn't work?

The trust could be running Rodney Parade that is loosing £800k a year, in partnership for instance. But no, what people want are clauses that achieve precisely the square root of FA.

Agreed, and the decision on what constitutes confidentiality, and what can be divulged to the Trust members, will of course be taken by the club Board (just HJ currently) and not some extraordinarily arrogant anonymous poster on this platform.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:12 pm
Agreed, and the decision on what constitutes confidentiality, and what can be divulged to the Trust members, will of course be taken by the club Board (just HJ currently) and not some extraordinarily arrogant anonymous poster on this platform.
😂 you got that right! If he were a defence counsel and I faced the courts over a heinous crime, I’d hire him because he’d still be talking when the judge and jury had all long since given up on the concept of justice altogether!

lowandhard wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:20 pm
😂 you got that right! If he were a defence counsel and I faced the courts over a heinous crime, I’d hire him because he’d still be talking when the judge and jury had all long since given up on the concept of justice altogether!
As I have said many times the trust membership is not suited to change, and just keep hiding from it.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:30 pm
As I have said many times the trust membership is not suited to change, and just keep hiding from it.
What on earth are you talking about? Evidence?

lowandhard wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:54 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:30 pm
What on earth are you talking about? Evidence?
Just read your post above, who isn't saying that the HJ board will decide what can and what cannot be communicated? in fact that is exactly the point. Why fill the role on the board with someone with no tangible input, simply a managed output. It's simply pretending, as that's what is amounts to, that it is in someway assisting the club progress?

Exactly, it is HJ's club now and he will decide how much to tell the fans about whatever.