Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Swindon

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 4:13 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 3:59 pm Best not to mention that first half. Their goal seemed to wake County out of their torpor and probably just about edged the second half.

Three points and move onto the next game.
Looked much better 2nd half in midfield with Charsley and McLoughlin instead of Bennett and Baker at right back in a back 4.
See topic 'Back four'...

Ugo. wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 5:03 pm Notts County lost, Harrogate, Wimbledon, Gillingham, Accrington all drew. 4 points off play-offs.
Just looking at upcoming fixtures then many of the teams above are playing each other over the next couple of weeks. This is really going to be a case of taking one game at a time. And then seeing where you are when the other results are in.

Notts County in 10 days time could be tasty...

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 4:58 pm Did anyone else notice the Budweiser lorry going up and down Rodney Road for a large part of match with a sign on top referring to Newport.?
It was outside the players’ entrance before the match.
A smart marketing ploy after Coghlan told ten Hag he didn’t like red wine & only drank Budweiser last week.
There was a QR code on the lorry giving 50% cash back on a 4-pack of Budweiser.
Have I used it? I couldn’t possibly comment. :drunken:

Really disappointed by the lack of music & activities for the kids in the marquee today.
My grandkids love going in there before the game for the bouncy castle etc.
Today? Nothing. Just another bar with nothing for families.
Apparently, Newport City Radio who organise all the music & entertainment have been told their services are no longer required.
No sign of the community team either.
Hopefully this isn’t the shape of things to come under the new ownership,
The family-friendly atmosphere in the marquee for the last few seasons has been a big attraction for kids.
It’s a real mistake if that’s now at an end.

Jonesy3 wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 10:20 pm Really disappointed by the lack of music & activities for the kids in the marquee today.
My grandkids love going in there before the game for the bouncy castle etc.
Today? Nothing. Just another bar with nothing for families.
Apparently, Newport City Radio who organise all the music & entertainment have been told their services are no longer required.
Hopefully this isn’t the shape of things to come under the new ownership,
The family-friendly atmosphere in the marquee for the last few seasons has been a big attraction for kids.
It’s a real mistake if that’s now at an end.
Hopefully there will be a replacement- it is a sign and rightly so that the new ownership wishes to control all aspects of the club - to date where they have implemented change it has been very positive - more business sponsorship, comms, sensible transfer window. I would expect something better in store or a proper agreements with NCR I think everything was a bit ad hoc previously.

Melling's equaliser wrote: February 5th, 2024, 8:39 am
Jonesy3 wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 10:20 pm

Not sure which junior team were with County in the Community on Saturday, but they formed the 'Guard of Honour' and filled Block E of the Compee'd Stand.
It looked like Newcastle United. Nice of them to turn up before their game with Luton but the helicopter back to St James Park obviously had an effect on their performance later on...