Re: Twice now.

rncfc wrote: February 5th, 2024, 9:10 am
excessbee wrote: February 5th, 2024, 9:04 am One way of avoiding an over-exuberant celebration is for the team restarting after conceding a goal to be allowed to do so after a much shorter time than currently happens. If the referee blows the restart whistle after maybe thirty seconds, the celebrating team would be back in their own half of the pitch so much quicker.
With VAR plus something like that, you may as well cancel football. There'd be no enjoyment left in it at all.
The point I was making, notwithstanding the attempt by Bangit to deflect, is not about exuberance or celebrations on scoring a goal. My point is simply that for a player who has just scored to deliberately goad opposition fans shows a lack of class and may provoke a reaction.

I think football is a great way for people to get rid of life's tensions. I'm all for exuberance and shouting and enjoying football.

Incidentally I agree about VAR. But I have noticed that when we get a bad decision in an important game, think Morecambe at Wembley, suddenly we all wanted VAR. Rather like Brexit. When you are told you can have all of the benefits of something with none of the cost, it just ain't true.

CathedralCounty wrote: February 5th, 2024, 9:00 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 5th, 2024, 8:19 am People drinking and having fun watching football, is not a crime, no matter how much some need to make fun a crime.
I agree with sentiment but whether we agree with it or not (see my other posts - genuine thuggery batter the fools, metaphorically at least, over exuberance overlook as, as you say a bit of fun) football fans are held to a higher legal and moral standard than fans of any other sport - I've seen behavior at rugby that would without doubt have led to arrest and a ban at football.

Its up to fans to take the moral high ground and not give the 'authorities' an excuse to besmirch us, that doesn't mean we can't have fun but does mean 'we' don't rush en masse towards Swindon fans (90% of whom just wanted to get the GWR back home) in the middle of a busy city and tie up several van loads of police for hours (albeit the police did seem determined to send the Swindon fans the worst route to the station?!) and scare people.
Well I for one walked straight across and through that mass of Swindon fans to get to the pub. The police at that point were from Swindon and were directing fans to the station.

I also chatted to a Swindon fans in the pub after, none of whom mentioned Seb, but did mention that they were unhappy that the Ref blew up at 8 mins instead of 9.

To be fixated on what occurred in footballs bad days, just kills the reason that people go to watch teams who are not what they sing, "the greatest team the world has ever seen"

Building crowds is about entertainment, it's about mates "getting" why you are emotionally invested, and them wanting to be part of it..........

rncfc wrote: February 5th, 2024, 9:00 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 4th, 2024, 2:39 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 4th, 2024, 1:15 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:54 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:28 pm If a grown adult can’t watch an opposition player celebrate in front of them without throwing coins, bottles or whatever at them, then it’s they who have the problem.
Exactly, why take the fun out, what do have left without a bit fun?

Unless you don't go to enjoy it, and actually believe that football is a just an excuse to have a court case.........
Tell me. Who amongst us as young men in our late teens or early twenties didn't do something really stupid when provoked and in drink? We got away with it. Now spare a thought for those who didn't. The guy who got punched fell backwards and cracked his skull open. The lad who threw a punch to impress his mates and ended up.on a manslaughter charge.

Exile, on this one I think you're wrong. Bangit I enjoy going to football, I enjoy celebrating when County score. If you are so inadequate that your pleasure is merely in goading others get help.
There is no evidence that you enjoy going to football, the evidence shows that you simply wedge in your working background into every comment. Your background has nothing to do with the entertainment, or footballers who having been goaded, having fun at their expense.

Wrexham at home was County's biggest home attendance for 40 years. Boosted by selling tickets along with Eastleigh tickets, and creating even more demand. Wrexham sold out before anyone knew the 4th round FA Cup draw. Its called showbiz, its the excitement that we are selling, more than the actual product.

Seb Palmer-Holden gave the crowd precicely what it wanted, his expression of the joy we were feeling.
Do you enjoy going to the football?

You just wedge in constant endorsements of the old trust boards actions into every post, whilst touching yourself over the Carlisle accounts.
Yes I do, and what's more I go, and I wouldn't go if I didn't. Think about that...............

The Carlisle accounts are key to understanding what went on financially with all clubs, as the chairman used his position as chairman of league 2 on the FA, to detail his clubs financial performance, against known FA facts relating to the other teams. He was the only chairman able to do this, because he had access to all the other clubs info.

The accounts are 10 times the length of other teams because of the detail contained. I'm not interested in the figures, just the policy decisions in the comments.

I fully except that I have the time to do this, that others wouldn't, and more still wouldn't be interested anyway, as they prefer their own version.................

Which doesn't mention keeping windfall cash and therefore exploiting cash from elsewhere, just how they run their personal finances..........

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 5th, 2024, 10:45 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 5th, 2024, 8:19 am People drinking and having fun watching football, is not a crime, no matter how much some need to make fun a crime.
I agree with sentiment but whether we agree with it or not (see my other posts - genuine thuggery batter the fools, metaphorically at least, over exuberance overlook as, as you say a bit of fun) football fans are held to a higher legal and moral standard than fans of any other sport - I've seen behavior at rugby that would without doubt have led to arrest and a ban at football.

Its up to fans to take the moral high ground and not give the 'authorities' an excuse to besmirch us, that doesn't mean we can't have fun but does mean 'we' don't rush en masse towards Swindon fans (90% of whom just wanted to get the GWR back home) in the middle of a busy city and tie up several van loads of police for hours (albeit the police did seem determined to send the Swindon fans the worst route to the station?!) and scare people.
Well I for one walked straight across and through that mass of Swindon fans to get to the pub. The police at that point were from Swindon and were directing fans to the station.

I also chatted to a Swindon fans in the pub after, none of whom mentioned Seb, but did mention that they were unhappy that the Ref blew up at 8 mins instead of 9.

To be fixated on what occurred in footballs bad days, just kills the reason that people go to watch teams who are not what they sing, "the greatest team the world has ever seen"

Building crowds is about entertainment, it's about mates "getting" why you are emotionally invested, and them wanting to be part of it..........
Totally get you I personally probably don't fit the profile of a a person likely (as a police inspector put it) to commit 'violent disorder' so after the game I personally just walked through a police cordon outside McDonald's and on into the rest of town, an officer rushed past me to deal with someone and completely ignored me...on the route to station seemed odd they weren't taken over the old Newport bridge and then under and up to cross Queensway - perhaps they didn't want a crowd in the underpass? Hey ho mostly handbags but there did seem to be people who were genuinely frightened - and far too many others running towards the 'trouble' to film it and throw some insults.

But generally speaking we can along get along fine...

CathedralCounty wrote: February 5th, 2024, 11:06 am

Totally get you I personally probably don't fit the profile of a a person likely (as a police inspector put it) to commit 'violent disorder' so after the game I personally just walked through a police cordon outside McDonald's and on into the rest of town, an officer rushed past me to deal with someone and completely ignored me...on the route to station seemed odd they weren't taken over the old Newport bridge and then under and up to cross Queensway - perhaps they didn't want a crowd in the underpass? Hey ho mostly handbags but there did seem to be people who were genuinely frightened - and far too many others running towards the 'trouble' to film it and throw some insults.

It seemed to me like little boys showing off how 'hard' they were to their mates. If a fight had started I think many on both sides would have run away. It was all a bit unnecessary. I'm sure the Police could have found a different route to the train station which skirted the centre of town, such as across the bridge, stop the traffic and across the road of the Old Green Crossing, top of High Street and onto Queensway along to station. I was parked by the Civic Centre and as Bridge Street was the 'pinch point' for the confrontation I meant I had to go back up High Street and the new bridge and Devon Place to get to my car.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 5th, 2024, 11:02 am
Exile 1976 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 12:28 pm If a grown adult can’t watch an opposition player celebrate in front of them without throwing coins, bottles or whatever at them, then it’s they who have the problem.

Unless you don't go to enjoy it, and actually believe that football is a just an excuse to have a court case.........
Tell me. Who amongst us as young men in our late teens or early twenties didn't do something really stupid when provoked and in drink? We got away with it. Now spare a thought for those who didn't. The guy who got punched fell backwards and cracked his skull open. The lad who threw a punch to impress his mates and ended up.on a manslaughter charge.

Exile, on this one I think you're wrong. Bangit I enjoy going to football, I enjoy celebrating when County score. If you are so inadequate that your pleasure is merely in goading others get help.
There is no evidence that you enjoy going to football, the evidence shows that you simply wedge in your working background into every comment. Your background has nothing to do with the entertainment, or footballers who having been goaded, having fun at their expense.

Wrexham at home was County's biggest home attendance for 40 years. Boosted by selling tickets along with Eastleigh tickets, and creating even more demand. Wrexham sold out before anyone knew the 4th round FA Cup draw. Its called showbiz, its the excitement that we are selling, more than the actual product.

Seb Palmer-Holden gave the crowd precicely what it wanted, his expression of the joy we were feeling.

You just wedge in constant endorsements of the old trust boards actions into every post, whilst touching yourself over the Carlisle accounts.
Yes I do, and what's more I go, and I wouldn't go if I didn't. Think about that...............

The Carlisle accounts are key to understanding what went on financially with all clubs, as the chairman used his position as chairman of league 2 on the FA, to detail his clubs financial performance, against known FA facts relating to the other teams. He was the only chairman able to do this, because he had access to all the other clubs info.

The accounts are 10 times the length of other teams because of the detail contained. I'm not interested in the figures, just the policy decisions in the comments.

I fully except that I have the time to do this, that others wouldn't, and more still wouldn't be interested anyway, as they prefer their own version.................

Which doesn't mention keeping windfall cash and therefore exploiting cash from elsewhere, just how they run their personal finances..........

Of course we can, and incidentally a friends dad who is in his 80's did exactly the same as you and I, not bothered in the slightest, just off for his pint of bass in the pub.

He did however decide that he was too slow and unsteady on his feet to go to the Wrexham and Man Utd games. Personal choice, and nothing to do with perceived problems, that in reality don't actually exist today, but you only actually know if you actually go.............

Of course we can, and incidentally a friends dad who is in his 80's did exactly the same as you and I, not bothered in the slightest, just off for his pint of bass in the pub.

He did however decide that he was too slow and unsteady on his feet to go to the Wrexham and Man Utd games. Personal choice, and nothing to do with perceived problems, that in reality don't actually exist today, but you only actually know if you actually go.............

rncfc wrote: February 5th, 2024, 11:25 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 5th, 2024, 11:02 am

I like to educate myself so that I understand. Others wish not to understand and pretend that the club causes their personal choice problems...............

We have just had a trust AGM where less than 10 percent of the membership attend. Do they look to the future, do they accept that results show that the club delivered a competitive budget to put together a competitive team? No they want to try and do a job that the FA do, and they vote for trust self interest, "we must have the right for accountability, we must be able to know how trust money is spent".
It's in the past, we can see the result, we can try to educate ourselves, but for christ sake, let the experts make the decisions. We have someone experienced and knowledgeable run the club, we have the biggest home gate for 40 years, but what's important is having an input into where my 60 quid went........................