Re: Rochdale AFC face threat of liquidation unless £2m investment is found

It’s a shame to read this. A good club at the heart of its community and former Football League Cup finalists. They are another club that remind me of the County in my younger days, generally struggling but just pulling through. I hope they obtain the investment they need.
Last edited by Kevinmoorefellover on February 21st, 2024, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rncfc wrote: February 21st, 2024, 1:57 pm I said earlier on, I struggle to understand the Salford vanity project when club's like Rochdale/Oldham/Bury were already established in the area, with proud histories, good fan bases, and were in need of investment.

Where is the thought process? If those guys had chucked the same amount of cash at Oldham for example, you'd have a Championship club in no time.
I think a lot of fans fail to realise that there will only be 20 Premier League and 72 EFL clubs each season and that for every anomaly such as Salford another team has to go by the wayside. The quantum leap in finances between each of the leagues doesn't help.

Athletico Lovells wrote: February 21st, 2024, 7:52 pm Overused phrase but a “ proper football club” who unfortunately have has some spivs running their club over recent times.
We have only played the Dale 36 times, which is surprising considering we have both occupied similar places in the pyramid over the years.
Not really. Division Three South Division Three North until 1958. Followed by 25 years County non-League, which only leaves forty seasons. Sometimes Rochdale were in Division Three whilst we were in Division Four and vice versa.

G Guest wrote: February 22nd, 2024, 12:10 pm There may be a lesson for County here. Rochdale's chairman claims that the club has a L1 cost base and National League income. If not this season, I believe that County will soon be challenging for promotion and it will pay to have a plan for dealing with the financial consequences of that and possible relegation back to where we are now.
L1 is a difficult one, the TV money doesn't go up by as much as the players' wage expectations and if you struggle crowds lower than those at the top of L2 wouldn't surprise. Do you risk spending more than you can afford in the hope of staying up?