Re: Adam Lewis

ajs wrote: March 14th, 2024, 5:20 pm I think Adam Lewis is young enough to be developed, he's currently not our player but should he sign for us we could oversee his progress as the club wishes. Would like to see Baker stay as well.
How old is he 23 I think and he's been on loan with us the past 2 years Would have thought Graham would as a defender coach him to defend by now. It's a no from me

Re: Adam Lewis

countymadbel wrote: March 14th, 2024, 7:19 pm
ajs wrote: March 14th, 2024, 5:20 pm I think Adam Lewis is young enough to be developed, he's currently not our player but should he sign for us we could oversee his progress as the club wishes. Would like to see Baker stay as well.
How old is he 23 I think and he's been on loan with us the past 2 years Would have thought Graham would as a defender coach him to defend by now. It's a no from me
If he's playing as a wing-back then my guess is that they are trying to develop his attacking play more than defensive duties. I believe at the moment County are stuck with a situation where they have CB's more comfortable playing in a back four with only one wing back that can defend (who's injured atm). It's about having options. Because County don't have any full backs their ability to go away and 'park the bus' is severely affected, or indeed to nab a goal and sit back and defend resolutely. They try to do it but usually the mistake that leads to it's failure is caused by poor defending on the flanks. And the sad truth is the best defensive left wing back County possess this season is Will Evans, but to play him there would be madness.

I think County need a more adaptable squad next season, a squad that can switch to 4-4-2 without supporters wanting to cover their eyes. Such adaptation requires players that can play full back and/or winger(s). I think Lewis could play as a winger but I don't think he will ever make a decent full back...