Re: Grandstand - Colchester v County

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: March 29th, 2024, 1:58 pm I’m reminded of Ryan Jackson, who played for Colchester and the County. I’ve always thought of Jackson as a good player who was ‘just passing through’ at the County. There didn’t seem to be any connection between the club and Jackson in the way there has been with other players. Is it just me who felt this way or am I wide of the mark?
Agree entirely with that. No criticism of Ryan Jackson, he always gave 100% and that was what we paid him for. It one way it was quite refreshing. Fans have a connection with the club, some players are fans and have a connection, some players develop an affection. However most players regard clubs as the company they work for, just like any employee.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 29th, 2024, 2:40 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: March 29th, 2024, 2:37 pm Not surprised to see Lewis dropped. He had a defensively poor game last week. Bondswell seems to work harder at his defending IMHO. Thought Bright might have stayed at right CB due to Baker playing on Wednesday. Let's see how he goes...
Think you may be jumping to a conclusion about Lewis being dropped. Not on bench which would suggest an injury.
I guess he could be injured. But his defence last week is deserving of being dropped from the squad of 18... :)

excessbee wrote: March 29th, 2024, 2:35 pm Looking at Jackson's career stats his plan seems to be to see out a two year contract and move on, presumably for a better deal (other than three seasons at Colchester. Nothing wrong with that. I'm assuming his current deal at Sutton runs out in May and he'll seek another south east League Two club.
Edit: I do him a disservice. His two stints at Gillingham (four seasons) plus one at Cheltenham were in League One.