Good Friday

Today Christians around the world remember the crucifixion of the Son of God Jesus Christ. He died to forgive the sins of the world so that those who put their faith in Him, and his taking upon Himself every person's sins when He was on the cross, will have eternal life.

As John chapter 3 verse 16 says:

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes (puts their faith) in Him will not perish but have eternal life".

Re: Good Friday

As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. 27 A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. 28 Jesus turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. 29 For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ 30 Then

“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’

31 For if people do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?”

32 Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. 34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

In our crazy world I continue to admire your resolute faith and belief
I have just come back from doing a few chores for my dear sister who is a devout Christian,she's been a bit poorly ,but at 84 I'll let her off!! but I know she appreciated my time despite the fact we are chalk and cheese I love her dearly.
JHow will Easter be celebrated in the Middle East whilst we are scoffing chocolate bunnies?
How good it would be if the Clergy in Russia and the rest of Europe would agree on sharing the same God and put an end to the Ukrainian conflict
Blackandamber your faith must be sorely tested at times
I wish you a peaceful and joyous Easter

mad norm wrote: March 30th, 2024, 7:57 pm In our crazy world I continue to admire your resolute faith and belief
I have just come back from doing a few chores for my dear sister who is a devout Christian,she's been a bit poorly ,but at 84 I'll let her off!! but I know she appreciated my time despite the fact we are chalk and cheese I love her dearly.
JHow will Easter be celebrated in the Middle East whilst we are scoffing chocolate bunnies?
How good it would be if the Clergy in Russia and the rest of Europe would agree on sharing the same God and put an end to the Ukrainian conflict
Thank you Mad Norm. Hope you're having a good Easter. We live in a mad world and it's only going to get harder to be a Christian. I can see the day when evangelising is banned but I keep looking upwards. It helps being in a strong church which exudes faith and positivity. The main thing though is that I have received Christ as my Lord and Saviour, and believe you me having Christ within is absolutely amazing. I was born again in 1981, and despite many trials in life, I can still say that Jesus is the answer. Three points today would also help :bounce:

Blackandamber wrote: April 1st, 2024, 12:57 pm
mad norm wrote: March 30th, 2024, 7:57 pm In our crazy world I continue to admire your resolute faith and belief
Thank you Mad Norm. Hope you're having a good Easter. We live in a mad world and it's only going to get harder to be a Christian. I can see the day when evangelising is banned but I keep looking upwards. It helps being in a strong church which exudes faith and positivity. The main thing though is that I have received Christ as my Lord and Saviour, and believe you me having Christ within is absolutely amazing. I was born again in 1981, and despite many trials in life, I can still say that Jesus is the answer. Three points today would also help :bounce:
Sorry, bit late on this. Christ is Risen!