Jac Norris

I realise that it was only about ten minutes but I thought he made a good impression on his debut yesterday. There weren't many positives to take from that performance but Jac gave us one. I hope to see him play more over the remaining 4 matches

Re: Jac Norris

Amberexile wrote: April 7th, 2024, 2:12 pm I realise that it was only about ten minutes but I thought he made a good impression on his debut yesterday. There weren't many positives to take from that performance but Jac gave us one. I hope to see him play more over the remaining 4 matches
It's almost as if young players, if given a chance, might prove to be decent enough for a place on the squad. Who knows, if they play regularly they might even improve.

What a fascinating development that nobody knew might be the case.

No doubt that countyranger will be along in a minute to tell us nobody under the age of 25 knows how to play football unless they're brought in on loan from Bristol City.

rncfc wrote: April 8th, 2024, 8:22 am
Amberexile wrote: April 7th, 2024, 2:12 pm I realise that it was only about ten minutes but I thought he made a good impression on his debut yesterday. There weren't many positives to take from that performance but Jac gave us one. I hope to see him play more over the remaining 4 matches
It's almost as if young players, if given a chance, might prove to be decent enough for a place on the squad. Who knows, if they play regularly they might even improve.

No doubt that countyranger will be along in a minute to tell us nobody under the age of 25 knows how to play football unless they're brought in on loan from Bristol City.
In the 5 or 10 minutes he had, he got involved in the game and each time his impact was positive. Much better than one of our often used subs this season.

I did hear GC talk about how the younger players who have trained with the first team just can't match the physical demands made of them in training. Perhaps there is a link there to the amount of long term injuries we are suffering?

rncfc wrote: April 8th, 2024, 8:22 am

I hope he does well but let's not pretend he was on the bench for any other reason than necessity due to injuries in the squad.

Think Norris and Sanca may have another year as scholars, so hopefully they can both prove their worth being involved in the first team squad next season, still on scholar's pay? Sure I read somewhere we have a dearth of 2nd year scholars this season, but with ample 1st year ones, who can hopefully progress next season.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:15 pm Think Norris and Sanca may have another year as scholars, so hopefully they can both prove their worth being involved in the first team squad next season, still on scholar's pay? Sure I read somewhere we have a dearth of 2nd year scholars this season, but with ample 1st year ones, who can hopefully progress next season.
That's interesting, I thought Jac played well for the time he was on, then again I remember thinking the same about Rai this time last season, and Bright the year before.......

Bangitintrnet wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:27 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:15 pm Think Norris and Sanca may have another year as scholars, so hopefully they can both prove their worth being involved in the first team squad next season, still on scholar's pay? Sure I read somewhere we have a dearth of 2nd year scholars this season, but with ample 1st year ones, who can hopefully progress next season.
That's interesting, I thought Jac played well for the time he was on, then again I remember thinking the same about Rai this time last season, and Bright the year before.......
Agree with you about Rai, it looked like we had a real gem on our hands in his first couple of appearances. I wonder what went wrong?

The same thing that has happened to all our forwards, Simply the lack of any quality attacking wing backs and an over run midfield. Will is in the doldrums and in general the rest have been most of the season. Rai is no different albeit very lightweight for a striker.