Re: Grandstand: Newport County A.F.C versus Tranmere Rovers F.C.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 14th, 2024, 3:21 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 11:24 am

It was kids for a quid Saturday, which boosted the attendance.
Exactly. I wonder how many adults went to the game and took their kids who otherwise might not have gone but for 'kids for a quid'.
Someone has to invite them (adult or kid), in that the Exiles express is sent to the email of an existing fan. So kids not linked to an existing fan, would need to be invited by one. However the existing adult fan might have been someone who provided their email address when purchasing a Man Utd or Wrexham ticket. So direct marketing in practice.

The actual game was quite open, and would have been OK for a neutral, so not a disaster in terms of possible future ticket purchases.
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on April 14th, 2024, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Grandstand: Newport County A.F.C versus Tranmere Rovers F.C.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 14th, 2024, 4:09 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 14th, 2024, 11:24 am
Chepstow'sFine wrote: April 14th, 2024, 8:17 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 13th, 2024, 6:13 pm I see over 4,500 turned up for a meaningless friendly to watch a team that couldn't beat a carpet.

It makes me wonder just what type of attendance County could get if we were to actually be successful.
That’s my take too upon reflection. I’m proud of what we’ve done this season. It’s sad to see us in the state we’re in right now but 2 more games and we can start to sort this mess out.
It was kids for a quid Saturday, which boosted the attendance.
Kids should always be for a quid (or free). Fair point though.
Quite. And yet season ticket prices for kids aged between 7 and 11 are doubling next season.