1912 Exiles, Ep179: "Feeble, weak and not ourselves"

Six defeats on the bounce, so it's not the most uplifting episode. In the first half, Jack and Ed discuss the defeat to Tranmere, and Cocko's post-match critique. In the second half, we throw it open to your voicenotes and reaction. Many thanks to everyone who sent in contributions.

There's not a lot to cheer the County faithful at the moment - but our 1912 Exiles sticker packs are the best chance you've got. Only a fiver - go on, treat yourself.

As always, you can get in touch via via Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Thanks as always to Tinty & The Bucket Hats for letting us use Discoland as our theme, and thanks to all of you for listening.

LISTEN & SUBSCRIBE
Just search for "1912 Exiles" wherever you get your podcasts, or go to:
https://shows.acast.com/1912exiles

Re: 1912 Exiles, Ep179: "Feeble, weak and not ourselves"

Great pod as usual. My only contention is with the comparison between Evans and Jephcott and Jephcott needing time and patience in a similar fashion to that given to Evans. This is a very different scenario to Evans making the leap from Cymru Premier football to the demands of L2. Jephcott has already been there and done it at a higher level and it worries me. Whenever I see Jephcott, I keep thinking back to Darcy Blake and his falling out of love with the game.

Re: 1912 Exiles, Ep179: "Feeble, weak and not ourselves"

Cheers mate. I guess where they've got similarities is that they both arrived here needing to prove something. Evans needed to show he could do it as a full-time pro, and Jephcott needs to show he hasn't lost it in the time he spent in Scotland not playing. Pressure does funny things to people. I think Jephcott's fitness and all-round play has improved, but his miss on Saturday looked like a man trying to burst the net in desperation rather than use technique and experience to just slot it home.