Re: News regarding ex County players

rncfc wrote: September 18th, 2023, 5:43 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: September 18th, 2023, 8:23 am
County ranger wrote: September 18th, 2023, 7:05 am
Percy plunkett wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:47 pm Evan Cadwallader,who had a trial at Watford which didn’t work out for him.Another young player that GC has allowed to leave,currently playing for Cardiff MU.I will see him play next Friday,I will report back.
Standard he is playing would appear to endorse the decision to release - not sure what your point is?
One minute he is leaving because Watford want him.This suggests that he is above average also,GC had him in the 18 a few times at the time then,no mention of him and he is not in GC’s plans either.
I think it boils down to the fact that no league two manager we've had in recent times, has been prepared to put their own reputation on developing young players of our own.

Butcher was, but he was forced into blooding too many at the same time.

Nobody will change my mind on this, our academy players are potentially good enough, but they aren't given the chance because it's a risk to the manager on a short term basis.

When they're releases, they're hardly going to be picked up by another league club, so it's into non league and try to work it back up. That's not an indication of their potential, but the reality of their being more players than available FL slots.
If they were good enough they would make it - clubs higher up the pyramid have a look at loads of players the fact he failed at Watford endorses our coaches professional opinion.
If any in th3 academy were good enough they would play like Poole, Evans, Collins all signed from other clubs rather than home grown but proof if good enough they are old enough. We just don’t produce professional players at the moment only Jeffries is trying to carve a career in L2 all others are semi pro at best. Our academy needs to sort itself out.

So if a player isn’t good enough for Watford then he can’t be good enough for us,bizarre logic there I would say.I bet GC was pissed right off when Rai scored against Brentford,he probably had him pencilled in for a season loan at Pontypridd.Mind you,his reward for scoring that goal was to be left out of the 18 for two games,he made the squad on Saturday but didn’t get on,even though Evans was out on his feet and may have an injury because of it.

County ranger wrote: September 18th, 2023, 7:25 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: September 16th, 2023, 8:47 pm Evan Cadwallader,who had a trial at Watford which didn’t work out for him.Another young player that GC has allowed to leave,currently playing for Cardiff MU.I will see him play next Friday,I will report back.
Standard he is playing would appear to endorse the decision to release - not sure what your point is?
One minute he is leaving because Watford want him.This suggests that he is above average also,GC had him in the 18 a few times at the time then,no mention of him and he is not in GC’s plans either.
I think it boils down to the fact that no league two manager we've had in recent times, has been prepared to put their own reputation on developing young players of our own.

Nobody will change my mind on this, our academy players are potentially good enough, but they aren't given the chance because it's a risk to the manager on a short term basis.

When they're releases, they're hardly going to be picked up by another league club, so it's into non league and try to work it back up. That's not an indication of their potential, but the reality of their being more players than available FL slots.
If they were good enough they would make it - clubs higher up the pyramid have a look at loads of players the fact he failed at Watford endorses our coaches professional opinion.
If any in th3 academy were good enough they would play like Poole, Evans, Collins all signed from other clubs rather than home grown but proof if good enough they are old enough. We just don’t produce professional players at the moment only Jeffries is trying to carve a career in L2 all others are semi pro at best. Our academy needs to sort itself out.
We keep disagreeing on this but I don't see why.

I agree, they're rarely good enough. That's why they need some game time, so they improve.

And if they improve enough it's a way for our club to bridge this big financial gap we seem incapable of not operating with.

Percy plunkett wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:03 pm So if a player isn’t good enough for Watford then he can’t be good enough for us,bizarre logic there I would say.I bet GC was pissed right off when Rai scored against Brentford,he probably had him pencilled in for a season loan at Pontypridd.Mind you,his reward for scoring that goal was to be left out of the 18 for two games,he made the squad on Saturday but didn’t get on,even though Evans was out on his feet and may have an injury because of it.
I also thought at the time that Evans should have been replaced by Rai, as he was obviously carrying an injury, but as has been pointed out to subsequently, we had already used our 3 substitution opportunities allowed and therefore could not make another.

Percy plunkett wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:03 pm So if a player isn’t good enough for Watford then he can’t be good enough for us,bizarre logic there I would say.I bet GC was pissed right off when Rai scored against Brentford,he probably had him pencilled in for a season loan at Pontypridd.Mind you,his reward for scoring that goal was to be left out of the 18 for two games,he made the squad on Saturday but didn’t get on,even though Evans was out on his feet and may have an injury because of it.
Ridiculous comment pissed off when a player score

rncfc wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:56 pm

I agree, they're rarely good enough. That's why they need some game time, so they improve.

And if they improve enough it's a way for our club to bridge this big financial gap we seem incapable of not operating with.
I think where we differ is that I feel they need to be good enough to "win" game time, which they are clearly not. Managers have jobs on the line both there own and other squad players they need to put out a team with players good enough to compete which does not include youngsters way off the standard.
All our mangers have played young players in on loan seen as good enough and not played some who have arrived and not being up to it. So, I think it is quality not age that matters.

County ranger wrote: September 19th, 2023, 1:34 pm
rncfc wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:56 pm

I think where we differ is that I feel they need to be good enough to "win" game time, which they are clearly not. Managers have jobs on the line both there own and other squad players they need to put out a team with players good enough to compete which does not include youngsters way off the standard.
All our mangers have played young players in on loan seen as good enough and not played some who have arrived and not being up to it. So, I think it is quality not age that matters.
Managers have their jobs on the line, is the essence of it for me. Those higher in the pyramid can't risk their youngsters learning the game in the first team, and so they play lower down on loan. County are the same, but because we have less resource the players have to tear up trees to then be tried in our first team. If it so happens that the players they are trying to dislodge are performing well, they don't get the chance. Kiban Rai only got his chance to score, because he was on the pitch due to an unexpected event.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: September 20th, 2023, 9:18 am
ajs wrote: September 20th, 2023, 9:09 am Sam(too technical for the county) Bowen playing regularly and scoring for Wealdstone.
Good to hear. Given the way our injuries are going, could he actually be an option for a recall in Jan if he continues to perform well.
I hope so as well, our best technical player's and those that have that extra something that leads to a goals, are all JR signings. I trust his judgement in that regard, and that Sam Bowen once acclimatised, will be a missing part of GC's jigsaw.