Re: News regarding ex County players

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 27th, 2024, 2:59 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: January 27th, 2024, 2:55 pm He never showed that kind of talent while at County...
Nor anywhere else on a regular basis. The level of inconsistency is often what dictates at what club level you play.
I was shite at football. However I once cushioned a ball on my chest, lobbed it up off my knee, swivelled around and smashed it into the top corner from about twenty five yards. Judging any player on a moment or even a single game is a fools errand.

Still one team in black and amber have begun BBC's weekend with a shock, let's hope we finish the weekend that way.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 27th, 2024, 3:06 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: January 27th, 2024, 2:59 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: January 27th, 2024, 2:55 pm He never showed that kind of talent while at County...
Nor anywhere else on a regular basis. The level of inconsistency is often what dictates at what club level you play.
I was shite at football. However I once cushioned a ball on my chest, lobbed it up off my knee, swivelled around and smashed it into the top corner from about twenty five yards. Judging any player on a moment or even a single game is a fools errand.

Still one team in black and amber have begun BBC's weekend with a shock, let's hope we finish the weekend that way.
I agree judging someone on a single footballing moment is a foolish thing. So why have you mentioned your one moment of footballing competence? Other than your usual peacocking on here...

wattsville_boy wrote: January 27th, 2024, 3:12 pm

I agree judging someone on a single footballing moment is a foolish thing. So why have you mentioned your one moment of footballing competence? Other than your usual peacocking on here...
The point I was making was even someone as rubbish as me can seem a world beating at a given moment.

Peacocking? Good heavens no. If I wanted to do that I would be talking about my good looks, Brad Pitt with character, if that helps. Or my muscled body, or my inverted Dorito shape, broad shoulders and wasp like waist. My smouldering eyes, chiselled jawline. It's why men want to be me and women want to be with me.

But my natural modesty prevents me. :grin:

aberexile wrote: January 27th, 2024, 6:29 pm Hollywood for Aaron Collins?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... 6809f&ei=9

They are also allegedly planning a BIG bid for McLoughlin .
Reports in the local Wrexham Newspaper saying they are scouting him and planning a bid for him before the Transfer Window closes Wednesday 😕
Got to be a bid of £200k at least before we left him go surely?

I'm not saying if on the open market we would get that much for him but if Hollywood come calling we would surely ask for more when you see the price they pay for lesser players. I mean £250,000 + was the rumoured price they paid for a 35 year old player when they signed McClean on a One Year contract.... McLoughlin has been probably one of the best League 2 players I have seen this season and plays in a few positions.
I was concerned when we lost A Lewis in the summer because he was a similar type player but McLoughlin has been a step up in class and consistency. Rarely does he have a poor game whereas Lewis did every so often.IMO he is our player of the season so far, closely followed by Bennet then Evans.