Re: News regarding ex County players

excessbee wrote:JBB certainly didn't create a favourable impression at Wrexham. I thought he may have been OK at that level but comments on their forum did not suggest that. I liked him, but the problem was he couldn't perform his defensive duties. Won't ever forget his late solo goal against Brackley.

He didn't have six fingers on each hand so he wouldn't have fitted in,............

Yeah Wrexham's squad has been good since we beat them at Wembley hasn't it ??? I believe they would have been relegated last season if the National League had run its course

neilcork68 wrote:
excessbee wrote:JBB certainly didn't create a favourable impression at Wrexham. I thought he may have been OK at that level but comments on their forum did not suggest that. I liked him, but the problem was he couldn't perform his defensive duties. Won't ever forget his late solo goal against Brackley.

He didn't have six fingers on each hand so he wouldn't have fitted in,............

Yeah Wrexham's squad has been good since we beat them at Wembley hasn't it ??? I believe they would have been relegated last season if the National League had run its course
My impression is that even half-promising players fairly quickly hit a slippery slope at Wrexham. Mark Harris being an example. Those who have a decent scoring record soon fail to hit the target, but often move on and score fairly regularly. They picked up a bit when Ricketts was in charge but have been in severe decline since he left.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Leaving aside what pathological rumour-mongers like Neil might say, it strikes me that if we have a number of players who'd been on the treadmill of playing with knocks then five months when they'd have been expected to keep themselves fit without the pressure of competition might be just what the physio would have ordered.

Having fit players is all well and good but most believe we are carrying players in our squad that are not good enough for the standard we are playing at..
They can run all day but if they lack ability that's a different thing...If MF didn't think that why did he loan them out last season when they were fit ????
Look at Leadbitter.......rumours are he told his then manager his body was letting him down and he didn't believe he could play the required 46 games per season...MF gave him a 2 year contract and he has spent most of his time with us on the
Physics bench . A good player but if his legs are gone ???
Baker has played 16 games in 3 seasons yet we paid a fee and gave him 18 months ?????.
Abraham's is young but does his past record suggest he could be a 15+ goal a season striker ????
Marvel Empires is 24 and yet to become a regular squad member of a football league club , does that suggest he my have signed above his ability level ???
Whiteley is 29......the same as Marvel...maybe National League is his threshold ???
Dolan , Amond and Labadie have an extra year in their legs..They hardly set the world alight last season

Thought Jazzi was top class but not as a defender, should of been an attacking midfielder as per that Brackley goal, same with Tutonda.
Anyway the fella in my books is a County legend as is Sid Nelson simply just for their celebrations with the crowd after Notts County.
Will never have a bad word for either of them.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Harps defines a player as a legend for the way he celebrated a win. I rest my case.
Okay clever clogs lets change it to.

"Will always remember Jazzi and Syd being carried aloft celebrating after one of the most memorable days of my 65 years following the boys..

Happy now nit picker? :roll:

neilcork68 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Leaving aside what pathological rumour-mongers like Neil might say, it strikes me that if we have a number of players who'd been on the treadmill of playing with knocks then five months when they'd have been expected to keep themselves fit without the pressure of competition might be just what the physio would have ordered.

Having fit players is all well and good but most believe we are carrying players in our squad that are not good enough for the standard we are playing at..
They can run all day but if they lack ability that's a different thing...If MF didn't think that why did he loan them out last season when they were fit ????
Look at Leadbitter.......rumours are he told his then manager his body was letting him down and he didn't believe he could play the required 46 games per season...MF gave him a 2 year contract and he has spent most of his time with us on the
Physics bench . A good player but if his legs are gone ???
Baker has played 16 games in 3 seasons yet we paid a fee and gave him 18 months ?????.
Abraham's is young but does his past record suggest he could be a 15+ goal a season striker ????
Marvel Empires is 24 and yet to become a regular squad member of a football league club , does that suggest he my have signed above his ability level ???
Whiteley is 29......the same as Marvel...maybe National League is his threshold ???
Dolan , Amond and Labadie have an extra year in their legs..They hardly set the world alight last season

‘Physics bench’ ... ‘Marvel Empires’ .. have you been drinking mate? :lol: