Re: The Draw - So Round four

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
ref23 wrote:Having slept on it I agree with the post above. If we don't draw any of those listed above I hope we get Yeovil at home.
I don't know the answer to this.

If you were given the choice what would you choose if it were either Yeovil home or Manchester United away? No other options.
I would definitely take the United away game personally. Their second team isn't unbeatable either!

I really don't know.

I suppose like most others I incline for Manchester United away. However Yeovil home would see us favourites. The prize money is huge and any 5th round tie would be big.

Yesterday Michael Flynn went for it. The result was he won big. Whilst as I say I lean towards caution and probably would take United, I don't think it's a no brainer.

excessbee wrote:At some stage we have to accept that the FA money is not a realistic aim. Whilst Yeovil are still in the competition we haven't reached that stage yet. There are other beatable sides too.
All 32 sides who get through to round 4 are beatable. In fact 31 of us will be beaten in this years FA Cup. But let's face it Peterborough away would be a downer.

Why though should we ever accept that the prize money is an unrealistic aim? A number of lower League sides have over the years made the semi-final. If Chesterfield and Plymouth can do it why can't we? Very unlikely I know but the moment you think it can't be done is the moment you make it impossible.

It is the Newport curse. We don't dare to dream. Yesterday Michael Flynn did. I for the first time yesterday thought that Flynn has brought something to the club which I had not seen in over 50 years of supporting County. A belief that we are as deserving as everyone else. That given the determination and luck we can progress.

Say we get Yeovil then we lose 4 players to injury or suspension or someone gets sent off in the first minute. If all that happens to us after we draw Utd away it simply doesn't matter because we still get the money. Rather secure the biggest money spinner asap than pick out beatable teams because this is football and anything can happen.

Bush wrote:Say we get Yeovil then we lose 4 players to injury or suspension or someone gets sent off in the first minute. If all that happens to us after we draw Utd away it simply doesn't matter because we still get the money. Rather secure the biggest money spinner asap than pick out beatable teams because this is football and anything can happen.
Agree. We could even lose. Let's have a big gun now.

The Cat wrote:
Bush wrote:Say we get Yeovil then we lose 4 players to injury or suspension or someone gets sent off in the first minute. If all that happens to us after we draw Utd away it simply doesn't matter because we still get the money. Rather secure the biggest money spinner asap than pick out beatable teams because this is football and anything can happen.
Agree. We could even lose. Let's have a big gun now.
My only issue with a game like Utd away is i hope it doesn't mean we have the sun all over us trying to sponsor us! Especially if we were to get a reply!