Re: Spurs Ticket News

owain wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Nothing stopping Spurs fans signing up to the Trust, get their tickets, cancel membership.
Should be available to Trust Members who were there BEFORE the draw was made.
It is! Trust Members who registered after the 10/01/18 will not be entitled to gain ticket priority
Check your calendar mate. Today is the 10th January. Ergo, if you sign up today you will get priority.

owain wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Nothing stopping Spurs fans signing up to the Trust, get their tickets, cancel membership.
It is! Trust Members who registered after the 10/01/18 will not be entitled to gain ticket priority
It isn't ! The draw was made BEFORE the 10/01/18.... Surely that wasn't hard to understand????
Unless the missing 'only' foxed you???

Exile 1976 wrote:
owain wrote:
It isn't ! The draw was made BEFORE the 10/01/18.... Surely that wasn't hard to understand????
If I was going to change one thing it would be that, but I guess the club are trying to increase trust membership which makes sense (so long as it doesn't backfire with 10,000 applications).

ref23 wrote:
owain wrote:
Check your calendar mate. Today is the 10th January. Ergo, if you sign up today you will get priority.
Will they process memberships after 9pm today or will they have to wait until tomorrow? I am pretty sure the intention is to prevent the scenario you are describing.

Exile 1976 wrote:
owain wrote:
Unless the missing 'only' foxed you???
Well I'm totally confused now

If you sign up to the trust your cash is taken and an automatic email with your membership number arrives within minutes. I've advised a part-time supporting friend to sign up tonight, and he has his membership number already.

I guess this is the point, hopefully the vast majority of new members will be people already with at worst a loose affiliation to the club. Hopefully not too many vultures take advantage.

daftasfxxx wrote:Anyone know how many tickets you can buy if you have a family trust membership?
The plot thickens.

EDIT - I'm guessing 2 adults and 2 kids looking at the prices on the trust website, but could be wrong of course.

owain wrote:
I think this is an error by whoever wrote the article, for the previous round when the ticket details were announced (5/12/17) it said trust members prior to 05/12/17

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... ed-update/

daftasfxxx wrote:Incidentally has a price been set for the tickets yet and even a date for the match ?
Not yet, the date won't be set until the TV have decided on the live matches

Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:
ref23 wrote:
Lucky Mascot 2 wrote:DEAR CLUB,

I AM SURE YOU ARE TOO BUSY WITH EVERY TOM DICK AND HARRY REDKNAPP BOMBARDING YOU FOR TICKETS.

BUT THIS TIME PLEASE DON'T SELL MY SEASON TICKET SEATS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE TO ME IN THE TICKET OFFICE

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL SEASON TICKET SEATS, MINE INCLUDED, ARE HELD FOR THE SEASON TICKET HOLDERS

CAN'T WAIT
MANY THANKS
I don't fancy your chances much mate. Trust members and season ticket holders going on sale at the same time, and giving people until midnight tonight to sign up to the trust. I reckon it's going to be a case of take what you're given myself.
I did take what I was given for the Leeds game, no complaints, mistakes happen once.

Spent the the leeds game all flued up sat surrounded by new faces, leeds fans, some posh kids with inflatable clackers on their mobile phone all game and some plonker whose only comment on the football was that "number 3 in yellow is good"

If I dont get my seats this time well.......

SIMPLES, PLEASE CHECK THAT ALL SEASON TICKET SEATS ARE TRANSFERED OVER AND RESERVERVED SO THEY ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE SEASON TICKET HOLDER.

thanks
Perhaps they can hold seats for 1 day or something? Demand is going to outstrip supply by a huge amount for this game, I personally will be glad just to get a seat - don't really care where it is.

Ugo. wrote:
owain wrote:
I think this is an error by whoever wrote the article, for the previous round when the ticket details were announced (5/12/17) it said trust members prior to 05/12/17

It's a pretty big error to make if that is the case, and I don't see how the club could possibly not honour it if it is an error.

Personally I think it's deliberate and aimed at securing a thousand or so trust memberships tonight. That said, I would have placed the emphasis on Crawley tickets myself but there we go.

Ugo. wrote:
owain wrote:

Agree. It has to be an error. Otherwise it opens the floodgates to anyone, including Spurs fans.

As above. Having made the error and probably obtained a lot of £10's this evening, I don't see how the club will be able to not honour it.

Doesn't affect me either way, but I think they're going to have to honour it if it is an error.

Ugo. wrote:
owain wrote:

There's going to be a lot of unhappy people in the queue if thats right mate