Re: Sean Rigg

Percy plunkett wrote:It's been clear for a few months that Sean wouldn't play for us again.Why wait until after the window closed as he may have got a gig at say Yeovil or somewhere.Maybe we didn't want him to play against us even though MF didn't rate him.Odd that.
We clearly waited until the window closed so he couldn't go and play for a League Two rival.

SJG99 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:It's been clear for a few months that Sean wouldn't play for us again.Why wait until after the window closed as he may have got a gig at say Yeovil or somewhere.Maybe we didn't want him to play against us even though MF didn't rate him.Odd that.
We clearly waited until the window closed so he couldn't go and play for a League Two rival.
Cannot believe we would do that.
Unbelievable if it were true.

Exile 1976 wrote:My guess would be that no FL club came in for him in the window but then had the guarantee of an 18mth contract from Bath City, he went and took it.
Total waste of talent.
Definitely a league 2 player.

Harps62 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Cannot believe we would do that.
Unbelievable if it were true.
Why is it unbelievable? He's happy, he's signed for someone else because we've cancelled his contract. We're happy, as he can't join another League club once the transfer window closes (assuming the interpretation of the problem with Hayes' signing for us outside the window is accurate).

Sometimes I wonder what the expectation of the club is on here. It's a business and as the club's success is impacted by the teams around us, we're not in the business of making it easy for our rivals on or off the pitch. Imagine if we'd agreed to release him in the window and Forest Green snapped him up, for instance?

Exile 1976 wrote:My guess would be that no FL club came in for him in the window but then had the guarantee of an 18mth contract from Bath City, he went and took it.
You are mostly right. County though will have paid off Rigg. Probably not for the full amount of his entitlement but a fair whack. Rigg is in work for the next 18 months and earning more than had he remained.

I wonder as I will be with friends also if we could meet by the Bobby Moore statue at a time which suits you between six and seven?

Love and kisses,

The Arsehole, xxxxx

Harps62 wrote:
Total waste of talent.
Definitely a league 2 player.

I agree, he's a decent enough League 2 player but the seemingly lack of interest in him from FL clubs or even Connie clubs is maybe an indication that we think he's better than he is ?

"He's happy"
Where did you dig that out from.
His dad stated he was the opposite.
If he is not good enough for County you would think marvellous get an inferior player up against us in league 2.
Seriously do you think that thought came into any bodies equation apart from yourself.

Harps62 wrote:"He's happy"
If he is not good enough for County you would think marvellous get an inferior player up against us in league 2.
Seriously do you think that thought came into any bodies equation apart from yourself.

Someone posted on here that his dad told a few supporters that he was unhappy etc, I can't recall it being mentioned in any other form, certainly not reported in the newspaper etc

Football isn't that simple. Just because it doesn't work here, doesn't mean it won't for someone else.

His dad only stated his feelings when he was employed by County, he hasn't said anything since he left, and I'd be very surprised if he'd just signed a contract for 18 months he wasn't happy with. Ergo, he is happy. And clearly he's happier now than he was when his dad commented or he wouldn't have agreed to have his contract cancelled.

The entire transfer market, bar a handful of super rich clubs, is based on the ability to exploit flaws in the meritocracy to get players who are better than you should be able to get for how much you can afford.

There are examples all over football of players being unsuccessful at one club, then being more successful elsewhere at the same or a higher level. He was good enough last season to suggest he could do a job for a League Two side, we prevented that being a possibility and he accepted those terms to get his release.

Blimey only just left us. give Dad a chance.
Just happy to differ here.
Like myself its all guesswork.
Think after Saturday we will know if we are going backwards for rest of the season or bouncing back
So important loose Saturday then forget about promotion, win still in with a small shout IMO.

Harps62 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:If what Harps says is true, you can see why any manager would want rid of a player whose family leak club business to the press. If not, it's a pretty outrageous slur by Harps.
Where you been George Street?
Hibernating?.
It was reported on here weeks ago and not by me so get off your high horse.
Have a trip down to Cornwall you and Cornish would be marvellous mates.
Outrageous slur unbelievable!!!.

If you would like me to explain Riggy was told that he would not feature as one more game he could qualify for extension on his contract.
His Dad spoke up like any father would do.
Flynny then denied it saying he had more games before it kicked in stating he was injured but didn't know what the injury was.
Get up to speed eh
By the way Riggy was never heard of again.
Think about it.
Spouting off you say.
Then you quote me for a possible outrageous slur.
Couldn't make it up.
Give over George Street