Re: HOW MANY TICKETS LEFT FOR GENERAL SALE SUN

Bush wrote:In other words there's plenty left so all the knicker wetters can calm down now.
Why the need to be antagonistic towards fellow supporters?

If you’re too dense to understand the predicament of others, in particular exiles (the evidence points to this being likely) why not save a shred of self-respect by not going off half-cocked?

There could be 30,000 spares, but if the mechanism isn’t in place for supporters to buy them, then there’s going to be angst.

Regards, one of the knicker-wetters.

JonD wrote:
Bush wrote:In other words there's plenty left so all the knicker wetters can calm down now.
Why the need to be antagonistic towards fellow supporters?

If you’re too dense to understand the predicament of others, in particular exiles (the evidence points to this being likely) why not save a shred of self-respect by not going off half-cocked?

There could be 30,000 spares, but if the mechanism isn’t in place for supporters to buy them, then there’s going to be angst.

Regards, one of the knicker-wetters.
The mechanism is there for people to buy tickets though. That's why we have sold 5000 tickets!

C'mon A 'Porrrrt wrote:Genuinely, and I’d love a succinct answer and not 16 paragraphs of waffle, what difference does it make if our sales of 4,300 yesterday were not all via the ticket office?
Exactly !

I do agree that our exiled fans have been treated like shit with all of this though .
Kind of makes our nickname a bit of a joke really doesn't it .....?

Many of these people who can't get a ticket without travelling to Newport to pick them up probably live all around the London area as well
An absolutely crazy situation in this day and age

And before anyone says "they can order them over the phone and have them posted" ..... forget it ! I wouldn't chance the tickets arriving in time .
Stan's separate thread asking for anybody that needs tickets to post it on there is a fantastic idea . Something the club could've done quite easily .......

(No criticism of the volunteers of course who have been OUTSTANDING over the last few weeks)

Corpaboy wrote:
C'mon A 'Porrrrt wrote:Genuinely, and I’d love a succinct answer and not 16 paragraphs of waffle, what difference does it make if our sales of 4,300 yesterday were not all via the ticket office?
Exactly !

I do agree that our exiled fans have been treated like shit with all of this though .

Many of these people who can't get a ticket without travelling to Newport to pick them up probably live all around the London area as well

And before anyone says "they can order them over the phone and have them posted" ..... forget it ! I wouldn't chance the tickets arriving in time .
Stan's separate thread asking for anybody that needs tickets to post it on there is a fantastic idea . Something the club could've done quite easily .......

(No criticism of the volunteers of course who have been OUTSTANDING over the last few weeks)
Surely if you are a Newport exile you still have family or friends still in the area who can pop over and pick up your tickets.

Some of these exiles were the same ones saying they wanted their same seat for the home game so they could sit by their fellow season ticket holders. Why can't those fellow season ticket holders pick up their tickets?

Corpaboy wrote:
Exactly !

Absolutely spot on corpaboy.
I'm one of the exiles in Wiltshire.
They made no provision for people like me or those living even further away or London, Northampton etc.

Im still gutted to admit I failed to get a ticket for the spurs home game and I'm going to have live with that. I drove down on the day as well. I'm going to the replay though.

It's at great expense that I travel 'home' games at RP and we have to factor in time, petrol, bridge money and so on on top of the match day tickets. For me it's 160 miles round trip.

Each home game costs me about £50 on average.

No thought at all to people who were for the above reasons could not afford or make the multiple trips they asked for in order to get tickets.

Personally dissapointed but thrilled at what's happening with my club in the bigger picture.

However as I said before 'the exiles needs to look after the exiles'.

Baneswellboy wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:
Exactly !

They made no provision for people like me or those living even further away or London, Northampton etc.

Im still gutted to admit I failed to get a ticket for the spurs home game and I'm going to have live with that. I drove down on the day as well. I'm going to the replay though.

It's at great expense that I travel 'home' games at RP and we have to factor in time, petrol, bridge money and so on on top of the match day tickets. For me it's 160 miles round trip.

No thought at all to people who were for the above reasons could not afford or make the multiple trips they asked for in order to get tickets.

Personally dissapointed but thrilled at what's happening with my club in the bigger picture.

However as I said before 'the exiles needs to look after the exiles'.
Glad you're going to Wembley mate ! Enjoy the day

How DID you acquire your ticket btw ??

Exactly !

(No criticism of the volunteers of course who have been OUTSTANDING over the last few weeks)[/quote]

However as I said before 'the exiles needs to look after the exiles'.[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------

How DID you acquire your ticket btw ??[/quote]

Cheers mate. My brother got me a ticket this time round as your able to order/purchase more this time around. He looked after his family for the home game which I completely understand.

Thing is I've been gone from Newport 16 years now. As time goes on your contacts and networks diminish. My dad's died, my mum's elderly and my brother and sister both work full time and live outside Newport (although a lot closer than me). County fans I know also gave their allocated tickets to close family which again I totally get.

So the notion that exiles can call upon friends and family is not in most cases doable. The club needs to do more imho.

When you have a young children and other commitments it's really hard.

Devastated I was to be driving away from Newport at 4.15pm last sat when the realisation set in that I wasn't getting in to RP.

To be fair one or two very kind souls on here got in touch with me and did Thier very best to help but it didn't work out. It shouldn't really come down to that though.
I was absolutely thrilled to see the ground as full as it was especially with lots of youngsters who will never forget that experience but it was a bitter sweet episode for me.
Cheers

Exiled fans could phone in and get them delivered (that's what I did) though Some moan that they wouldn't do that as they're worried they won't turn up. That's hardly the clubs fault.
The club hasn't the system to do online ordering for this game, not that they won't, they have recognised this and will look to rectify this going forward.
They also cannot sell them to be picked up at Wembley due to Spurs side of things.

Baneswellboy wrote:Exactly !

However as I said before 'the exiles needs to look after the exiles'.[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------

How DID you acquire your ticket btw ??[/quote]

Cheers mate. My brother got me a ticket this time round as your able to order/purchase more this time around. He looked after his family for the home game which I completely understand.

Thing is I've been gone from Newport 16 years now. As time goes on your contacts and networks diminish. My dad's died, my mum's elderly and my brother and sister both work full time and live outside Newport (although a lot closer than me). County fans I know also gave their allocated tickets to close family which again I totally get.

So the notion that exiles can call upon friends and family is not in most cases doable. The club needs to do more imho.

When you have a young children and other commitments it's really hard.

Devastated I was to be driving away from Newport at 4.15pm last sat when the realisation set in that I wasn't getting in to RP.

To be fair one or two very kind souls on here got in touch with me and did Thier very best to help but it didn't work out. It shouldn't really come down to that though.
I was absolutely thrilled to see the ground as full as it was especially with lots of youngsters who will never forget that experience but it was a bitter sweet episode for me.
Cheers[/quote]

CTWD !!!
See you at Wembley , mate ! :cheers: