Re: HOW MANY TICKETS LEFT FOR GENERAL SALE SUN

Alan G Bryant wrote:Regardless of whether we sell out, It transpires that general sale would have been a PR disaster for trust members and season ticket holders. Just as well the keyboard warriors don't have a say in running our club.
Keyboard warriors will never run the club. It's not part of their job description to actually act on all their gripes. This has been a massive learning curve for the club and I'd expect things to improve next season, should this happen again. I think they've done pretty well this time, all things considered.

The Cat wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Regardless of whether we sell out, It transpires that general sale would have been a PR disaster for trust members and season ticket holders. Just as well the keyboard warriors don't have a say in running our club.
Keyboard warriors will never run the club. It's not part of their job description to actually act on all their gripes. This has been a massive learning curve for the club and I'd expect things to improve next season, should this happen again. I think they've done pretty well this time, all things considered.

Oddly enough to operate more effectively at this level the club would have needed more full time staff. If we had lost to Walsall , what do you think the same warriors would have had to say about staffing levels?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
The Cat wrote:

Oddly enough to operate more effectively at this level the club would have needed more full time staff. If we had lost to Walsall , what do you think the same warriors would have had to say about staffing levels?
Of course. No club is run perfectly and I fully accept we are a long way from where I'd like us to be, but only 8 years ago we were in conference south at Spytty with less than a thousand regular supporters.
Even the last 12 months has seen a remarkable transformation so I'd say we are going in the right direction.

The daft thing is you are the ultimate definition of a keyboard warrior.
You have never answered previous questions whether you actually watch any of our games home or away.
Most of those you are having a pop at do watch every home game, away if possible, bought shares have season tickets and are trust members.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
The Cat wrote:

All staff are volunteers.
You never listen or want to read replies do you.

theale wrote:Harps I believe Alan is a member of our clubs staff who thinks he is protecting our club,we're all entitled to an opinion Alan.
Sure you are 100% correct Theale.

Every so often he chips in praising everything about the club.
This season has been superb compared to all the bad times.
Unfortunately he keeps on about Keyboard warriors and seems clueless to answer straight forward questions.
Sure he was under a different User Name until recently.
Think he does more harm than maybe he intends.
Praise the club when praise is due by all means.
But don't call every body on here who does not agree 100% with things as a "Keyboard Warrior"

Yup, spot on. first come first served General sale for 7700 tickets would have been ridiculous, with queues to Bristol and furious Season Ticket holders missing out and people buying massive numbers of tickets without knowing there would definitely be takers.

Even today looks like being a bit of a nightmare with the same problem on a smaller scale - but that's general sales for you.