Foul mouthed "Fans"

Much mentioned on here about the oafs who have no right to be in a footy stadium due their ignorant foul mouthed boorish behaviour
Should clubs do more to ban these individuals?
Surely it is not too difficult to name them?
A quick pic on a mobile ?
Everyone appears to own one
Stewards to do more?
There's always going be some some "vulgarity" it's part of the intensity of footy support
I feel if we want to attract families the Club should do more to warn that the individuals of limited social skills will not be welcome

Re: Foul mouthed "Fans"

Horses for courses. At home games, the old boys with their Werthers Originals and refined sensibilities can sit in the Bisley or in the Hazell seats; families can do the same - leaving the noisier, coarser, less cultured fans to eff and jeff in the terraces. And before anyone gets offended, I have fallen into all three categories over the years!

The issue comes when we play at a modern all-seater ground where we're all lumped in together with no freedom to move around. Then we're just required to display a bit of empathy - tone down the language, not stand up all game if you're blocking someone's view and (on the other side) accept that you're at a football match rather than the opera and you may have to disregard the occasional uncouth word or bit of bad manners.

The problem? The word "empathy" in the paragraph above. Something that's in short supply in our fanbase and in the world at large.

I'm sure in part due to Spurs' fans nickname, which they're happy to use about themselves, there was a definite atmosphere of antisemitism in that stadium. As disgraceful as that is, I suppose I can at least understand the atmosphere that it generates.....but what I don't understand, what I cannot understand, is that in a week where football has said goodbye to Cyrille Regis, that fans of a club like ours can still, in 2018, be making foul mouthed "black b*****d" insults towards players from our opponents' team.
A club like ours where we also have non-white players, and have had for some good number of years....

There were also some "Chinese" related insults hurled in the direction of Spurs' KOREAN player.....

Where do people get their reasoning from? Where do they think it's OK to come out with this shit?.....

I'm fairly sure that stewards / police officers could have very easily witnessed such racially aggrevated insults, and taken action.
Only they will know why they never.
Because in a football ground it's seemingly perfectly OK to use such language....but you try taking your own bottle of Pepsi in, and it's like you're the worst criminal in the world!

Football is going backwards off the pitch.

newgroundrodney wrote:I'm sure in part due to Spurs' fans nickname, which they're happy to use about themselves, there was a definite atmosphere of antisemitism in that stadium. As disgraceful as that is, I suppose I can at least understand the atmosphere that it generates.....but what I don't understand, what I cannot understand, is that in a week where football has said goodbye to Cyrille Regis, that fans of a club like ours can still, in 2018, be making foul mouthed "black b*****d" insults towards players from our opponents' team.
A club like ours where we also have non-white players, and have had for some good number of years....

There were also some "Chinese" related insults hurled in the direction of Spurs' KOREAN player.....

Where do people get their reasoning from? Where do they think it's OK to come out with this shit?.....

I'm fairly sure that stewards / police officers could have very easily witnessed such racially aggrevated insults, and taken action.
Only they will know why they never.
Because in a football ground it's seemingly perfectly OK to use such language....but you try taking your own bottle of Pepsi in, and it's like you're the worst criminal in the world!

Football is going backwards off the pitch.
Unfortunately this is still a problem. At FGR this season a County shirted clown said and I quote “ it’s like watching Nigeria with all these c**n c***s playing for them”. I’ll leave you to fill in the blanks but obviously this is vile but is still going on.

Now this prat was told to button it and came back with “it’s only a joke mate” but I’ve noticed a welcome rise in the number of Asian and black fans at our games and this kind of incident could turn severely nasty. I only hope this kind of nonsense doesn’t put fans off supporting our club.

A few clubs have a text message line where any kind of incident like that can be anonymously reported. CCTV helps with prosecution but someone usually has to report it first.

A mate of mine mentioned the bloke in Block 122 who was spouting off racist and anti-semitic nonsense and generally just yelling abuse at any Spurs fan he thought might be listening. Society doesn't need those bell-ends, never mind football.

Re: what NGR asked, well they don't "reason" do they? There's no logical thought process that ignores all the reactions of people around which says "this is ok", but they do it anyway. My mate in 122 mentioned that someone told him to cut it out and got threatened by one of his nobhead mates too.

Remember at the York game (appreciate its in the past) 3 morons were cursing away.
A steward approach them from the row in front which was empty and ask them to cool it.
Next thing Steward is punched over the seat and all 3 run off into the concourse.
Can understand why stewards are nervous but there were police certainly between us and Spurs fans in 113.
They did nothing about the fat skinhead type medium aged moron though.

Re: Some people

Caerleon Exile wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Reading all the views on here unless somebody can prove me different the majority of contributors felt that those in the front who obviously made those behind stand up were bang out of order.
Case proven.
Basically sod everybody else I'm okay.
If only the Stewards had done their job as their were only half a dozen morons who would want to kick off anyway.
If you go away, expect to stand up. It happens at every away game across the Country and every Wales away match I've been to. Watch any football match on the TV and the away contingent will be standing. I'm sympathetic to people that want or need to sit but unfortunately that's just football in general. It highlights the need for designated safe standing areas for me. Shouting "sit down you idiots" just gets people's backs up and makes them refuse to do it.

I had elderly people sat behind me in block 114 but with everyone in front of me stood so if i was sat I couldn't see. To my right everyone was stood so I moved accross and doubled with my mate to allow for those behind me to see. Not ideal but a compromise.

I would guess that most people in the sit down brigade on here are the older generation. Unfortunately people will stand at away matches even if you have a designated seat. It's happened since all seater stadiums were introduced and it's not likely to change. Blame Thatcher and the Lord Justice Taylor report.
Tottenham Arsenal on the box...shock, everyone in the away end is stood up.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Talking to a steward on a train ride to Wembley, they are told to write any instances down and report, never actively approach.
Whenever I've seen people getting chucked out they tend to get a couple of steward warnings and then same steward accompanied by a police officer the third time.

Not sure whether the rules are different for "unpoliced" matches, where it's stewards only. They've been a thing for over 10 years now.

Caerleon Exile wrote: Tottenham Arsenal on the box...shock, everyone in the away end is stood up.
You can't see the away end on the box, it's the same side as the cameras. Everyone behind both goals is stood up and everyone down the sides opposite the camera is sat down - except when the ball is in the corner and there's a wave effect as people stand up to see.

SJG99 wrote:
Caerleon Exile wrote: Tottenham Arsenal on the box...shock, everyone in the away end is stood up.
You can't see the away end on the box, it's the same side as the cameras. Everyone behind both goals is stood up and everyone down the sides opposite the camera is sat down - except when the ball is in the corner and there's a wave effect as people stand up to see.
I would bet my house that the away corner is stood up, even if you cant see it form the TV cameras.